Chapter 3: Duplicity

Liana's at the Talon and Lana is telling her how she doesn't really like Nell's new boyfriend Dean

Liana's at the Talon and Lana is telling her how she doesn't really like Nell's new boyfriend Dean. Liana walks over to Nell and Dean to give them coffee. Lana follows her sister with a frown. Dean clears his throat and says, "Hey, Liana, you know, I was thinking if you moved those tables away from the counter it'd open up space for extra tools. More customers, more cash flow." Nell says, "That's a wonderful idea, Dean." Dean says, "I have to go." Then they both kiss and Liana softly smiles, while Lana is uncomfortable. Dean says, "I'll see you tonight." Nell smiles and says, "Okay." Dean says, "Bye, Liana. Bye Lana." Liana says, "Bye." Lana nods her head goodbye. Nell sighs dreamily and says, "Isn't he wonderful?" Liana says, "Yeah, he is. I haven't seen you smile like that in a long time." Lana says, "Yeah, he's great." Chloe comes in and says, "Hi." Liana smiles and says, "Hey." Nell says, "Hi, Chloe." Lana says, "Hey." Chloe says, "Hi." Nell says, "Oh, uh, how did the sleepover go? Did you two get a lot of studying done?" Chloe says, "I-I have to be completely honest with you, Nell. We didn't study. We had a Keanu DVD-a-thon. Once you get lost in those brown eyes just geometry loses it's appeal." Nell smiles and says, "Well, I'm just glad you two had fun. Don't let the grades suffer." Liana and Chloe both say, "Okay." Liana smiles and says, "Bye." Nell says, "Bye." Lana says, "Bye, girls." Lana and Nell both walk away. Liana says, "Thank you so much, Chloe." Chloe says, "Yeah, sure, if you'd given me more of a heads-up I could've come up with something a lot better than a Keanu DVD-a-thon." Liana sheepishly says, "Sorry, it was a last minute thing I had to get out of the house, so I told Nell I was staying at a friend's place. You were the first person that came to mind." Chloe says, "Yeah, I feel as though I'm your only friend that is a female." Liana says, "I have other female friends, but I've known you longer and I trust you." Chloe smiles and says, "Aww your making me blush." Liana says, "It's true though." Chloe smiles and says, "Thanks. So, uh, where were you last night?" Liana says, "Well actually it was Lana who told me I should leave with her, because she doesn't like Nell's new boyfriend. The guy you passed on your way in. He's an insurance adjuster she met after the tornado. Lana doesn't like how he's always around, and that they're in this lovey-dovey daze all the time." Chloe says, "And what does Ms. Liana Lang think of Nell's new boyfriend?" Liana says, "I'm happy for her. This past year has been pretty rough for her and Dean is the right guy for her. I just got to convince Lana that the most important thing is Nell's happiness." Chloe says, "Yeah, good luck with that."

The next night, Liana's in Clark's loft looking through his telescope

The next night, Liana's in Clark's loft looking through his telescope. Clark says, "Liana? What are you doing?" Liana says, "Just using your telescope to see if it's safe to go home. It was Lana's idea. She's in the car waiting for me to give a signal." Clark says, "She's hiding from Nell." Liana says, "Actually she'd trying to avoid Nell's new boyfriend Dean and I guess I'm caught in the middle of this." Clark says, "So, I guess she's not crazy about him." Liana says, "Yep. Are you okay?" Clark sits down and sighs, "Have you ever had anyone resent you for telling them the truth?" Liana says, "No, I don't know what that's like, but I can guess it's not all that great." Clark says, "Yeah, Pete and I, we had a big blowout I don't know if our friendship is gonna last." Liana says, "What did you guys fight about?" Clark says, "I wish I could tell you." Liana softly smiles and says, "It's okay. Can I offer you some advice?" Clark nods and says, "Yeah." Liana says, "Whatever it was, Pete will forgive you. Your bond with him is unbreakable. He's just not your friend, he's like a brother to you. You lose him, you might lose a part of yourself. Give him time, but not too much time, okay?" Clark softly smiles and says, "Okay. Thanks." Liana softly smiles and says, "Your welcome." Later, Liana's at the Talon  with Lana and Nell. Nell says, "This is a wonderful idea, girls. I realized we haven't had much time alone since I started seeing Dean." Lana says, "Actually, that was what me and Liana wanted to talk to you about. Well, at least mostly me. Dean's a really, really great guy. It's just..." Nell says, "Let me guess. Liana, you liked the tables the way they were." Liana softly says, "Yeah."  Nell says, "Well, I've already had a long talk with Dean and I told him that you're very independent and before he goes offering any more unsolicited advice he should, um... well, he should get to know you girls better." Lana slightly frowns and Liana smiles and says, "Thanks, Nell. We really appreciate that." Nell says, "Girls, your feelings are very important to me... and they're important to Dean too. That's why we'd both like to spend more time together. The four of us, as a family." Lana angrily says, "Family? Nell, if you cared about my feelings you would know that I don't like how your spending all your time with Dean. I know Liana likes him, but I don't." Nell frowns and says, "Lana, I didn't know you felt that way." Lana scoffs and gets up and says, "Of course you wouldn't." Lana walks away angrily and Liana sighs and says, "I'm sorry." Nell softly smiles and says, "It's not your fault. It's mine and Dean didn't want me to say anything until we were all together but, uh... well, you know me, I can never keep a secret. Liana, Dean's asked me to marry him." Liana smiles and says, "Really? That's amazing!" Liana gives Nell a big hug and Nell smiles returning the hug. Liana says, "With that smile on your face I can tell you already said yes." Nell smiles and says, "Yes, I did indeed." Liana says, "You might wanna tell Lana slow and careful. So she doesn't explode even more." Nell nods and says, "I'll talk to her and everything will be fine." Liana thinks of a thought and Nell watches Liana's smile slowly fade and says, "Liana? What's wrong?" Liana sighs and says, "Since you're getting married? Are you gonna tell Dean about my powers?" Nell sighs and grabs both of Liana's hands and says, "Only if you're ready. I'm not gonna force you." Liana softly smiles.