Chapter 19: Precipice

Liana's at the Talon when she sees a few guys pour alcohol into their coffee

Liana's at the Talon when she sees a few guys pour alcohol into their coffee. Liana says, "Sorry, guys, but the coffee here is strictly non-Irish." One of the guy says, "Oh, come on, loosen up. Yeah, have a drink!" Liana angrily says, "If that's what I think it is, you're gonna have to take it outside. Besides we're closing." The guys say, "Ooh! Ho ho!" Liana then walks over to Dr. Helen and says, "Can I get you anything else?" Helen says, "Just a boyfriend who can keep a date." Liana says, "Ah, you're definitely talking to the wrong person." They both laugh and then they hear the loud laughing from the guys drinking alcohol. Liana softly says, "Dr. Bryce, are you sure you're okay?" Helen says, "Yeah, I just thought I saw someone I knew. But it's late. I better be going. Thanks, Liana." Liana smiles and says, "No problem. Bye." One of the guys walk up to Liana and says, "Hey. We heard this place had the friendliest service in town." Liana says, "Just leave." The guy says, "Ah. That's no way to talk to a customer." Liana presses the emergency button behind the counter. The guy says, "Hey!" He throws Liana against shelf and the guy lifts Liana's face says, "Now, why don't we take this into the back and have a private party?" Clark comes in and says, "Stop! Get away from her!" The guy says, "Isn't it past your bedtime?" Liana looks up at Clark scared and Clark says, "Look, the police are on their way. Right now!" The guy looks to his friends and says, "Come on. Let's go." Clark crouches in front of Liana and worriedly says, "Liana, are you okay?" Liana softly says, "Yeah." Liana goes to where Clark is and watches  the guy get slammed on the police car. Clark tries to run away, but Liana's in front of him. The new sheriff points her gun at Clark and says, "On your knees. Hands behind your head. Now! Now!" Clark puts his hands behind his head and kneels down. Liana is scared for Clark. Liana, Clark, and the new sheriff go inside the Talon and Clark says, "So you're the new sheriff in town." The sheriff says, "You writing a book, Mr. Kent?" Clark says, "No, ma'am." The sheriff says, "Then keep the chitter-chatter to yourself. Flying boys. Flying boys aren't something you see every day. That young man told me you attacked him and his friends... then you throw him 30 feet onto my car." Clark says, "That's crazy." The sheriff says, "Then how come the paramedics were all over them and there's not a scratch on you, huh?" The sheriff says, "What about you, Miss Lang? What'd you see?" Liana shakes her head and says, "Nothing." The sheriff says, "You're lying, you know." Liana says, "Excuse me?" The sheriff says, "You said you made a good cappuccino. This is a great cappuccino." Liana smiles and Clark says, "Looks like we're done here." The sheriff says, "No, Mr. Kent. Mm-hm. We are just getting started."