Chapter 4: Red

Liana's at school showing the new girl around

Liana's at school showing the new girl around. Liana says, "I know the first day at a new school can be kind of rough so if you have any questions, just ask." Jessie says, "So what do you Crows do for fun? Between the tractor pulls and the hoedowns." Liana says, "Uh, there's the Talon." Jessie says, "Which is?" Liana softly smiles and says, "A coffeehouse and a really cool place to hang out. But I'm kind of biased 'cause I sort of own it." Jessie says, "Gee, I'll have to check it out. Whoa. Who is the major hottie in primary colors?" Liana looks to see he looking at Clark and says, "That's Clark Kent." Jessie says, "No offense, Liana, but maybe I can get him to show me around." Liana softly laughs and says, "No, it's okay. I'm not offend." Jessie smiles and then Mr. Gibbons walks up and says, "Excuse me. It's Jessie, isn't it? Uh, perhaps Miss Lang didn't tell you but, uh, there's a dress code here at Smallville High." Jessie says, "Lame and lamer?" They hear Clark laugh and Mr. Gibbons says, "You think that's funny, Mr. Kent?" Jessie says, "By the way, I'm not changing." Mr. Gibbons says, "Well, perhaps you'd like to discuss your attitude in my office." Clark says, "Excuse me, Mr. Gibbons? I think she looks really hot and I think that your dress code sucks." Mr. Gibbons says, "Excuse me?" Clark says, "I mean, come on. It's her first day. Cut her some slack. Besides, I don't think you should be the one giving fashion tips." Mr. Gibbons looks at Jessie and says, "Tomorrow, young lady, proper attire or your going straight home." Liana and Pete look at each other wondering what has gotten into Clark. Liana walks over to Jessie and says, "I guess we can finish our tour." Liana gives Clark a weird look and follows after Jessie. Later, Liana smiles and says, "Clark, you and Jessie seem to be making fast friends." Clark says, "I'm just trying to make the new girl feel welcome. Don't worry, Liana, I haven't taken my eye off you all day." Liana awkwardly smiles and says, "So, uh, we still on for that cram session tonight at the Talon?" Clark says, "If you're still gonna be there, absolutely." Pete says, "I'll be there." Liana gives a tight lipped smile and walks away. Later, Liana's at the Talon with Pete and Chloe. There's a knock on the door and Liana goes to answer it. Liana says, "Hey, Clark, glad you made it. Uh, we're just doing American history, the Red Scare." Clark says, "Hey, um, can we do that tomorrow?" Liana says, "Is there something wrong?" Clark says, "No, it... it's really nice out tonight. Let's go for a drive. Go dancing." Liana says, "That sounds nice, but we really have to study." Clark says, "Did you know when you get all serious, your nose crinkles up? It's really sexy." Liana is getting uncomfortable and softly says, "Pete and Chloe are waiting for us." Liana walks away with a slight frown. Liana goes to sit back next to Chloe and Clark sits next to Pete. Pete says, "Hey, man. Where are your books?" Clark says, "You guys wanna go to a bar?" Everyone looks at Clark weird and Chloe says, "Clark, you can commit academic hara-kiri but the rest of us really need to cram for this test." Clark says, "You guys, high school's supposed to be fun. This is not fun. Come on, my treat." Pete says, "Clark, when did you and the money truck hook up?" Clark says, "Since I decided there's no percentage in playing poverty." Chloe says, "I'm gonna get a refill and I'm gonna get you some decaf." Liana says, "Yeah, I'll give you a hand." Everyone then watches Clark leave with confused looks.