Chapter 7: Lineage

Liana's at school going down the stairs and says, "Chloe? Hey, I've been looking for you everywhere

Liana's at school going down the stairs and says, "Chloe? Hey, I've been looking for you everywhere. What's wrong?" Chloe sadly says, "Clark and I just had a massive blowout." Liana says, "About what?" Chloe says, "His secrets, privacy. My pathological inability to curb my curiosity. How are you?" Liana says, "Hey, we can talk about it later." Chloe says, "No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dump on you." Liana says, "It's okay. You know I'm here for you." Chloe softly smiles and says, "Thanks. So, what did you want to talk about?" Liana gives Chloe the picture and Liana says, "His name's Henry Small." Chloe says, "As in the Smallville Smalls?" Liana says, "Our very own first family." Chloe says, "Who's the hottie hanging all over him?" Liana softly says, "My mom." Chloe says, "Oh, I'm, I'm sorry, Liana." Liana says, "It's okay, you didn't know. I think he may be me and Lana's biological father." Chloe says, "Wow. You okay?" Liana softly smiles and says, "I think so. I want to find out everything there is to know about him. And I thought... maybe you could help. But if you don't feel comfortable, it's --" Chloe smiles and says, "Actually, I'm flattered. It's nice to know someone trusts me enough with their big family secret." Liana softly smiles and says, "Then you'll do it?" Chloe says, "You know, I can tell you where he went to college. I can tell you how many outstanding parking tickets he has. I can even pull up his dental records and let you know if he flosses regularly. But if you really want to know who he is. I would suggest using the high-tech researching device called the doorbell." Liana gives a soft smile and nods. Later, Liana and Lana go pay a visit to Henry Small. Liana knocks on the open door and they both walk in. Liana says, "Uh, Mr. Small?" Mr. Small says, "What? Um, I'm sorry, um... I'm not taking anymore law students right now." Lana says, "No, no, we're not law students." Mr. Small says, "Wait, I know you." Liana says, "You do?" Mr. Small says, "Yeah, you run the, uh, the coffee place in town." Liana says, "Uh, yeah, yeah, The Talon. I don't think I've seen you there." Mr. Small says, "And you never will. I boycott it." Lana gets angry and calmly says, "Do you have a thing against coffee?" Mr. Small says, "No, I've got a thing against Luthor's." Liana says, "Lex Luthor's just a silent partner." Mr. Small says, "That's what the Vichy said about Nazis. Look what happened to France. I didn't catch either of your names. Liana says, "Our names our Liana and Lang Lang." Liana gets the photo out of her bag. Lana says, "You knew our mother." Mr. Small says, "Where did you get this?" Liana says, "I found it. Did you love her?" Mr. Small says, "What do you want me to say? It's ancient history, it doesn't matter." They hear a female voice say, "Henry, can you stop saving the world of a minute and come and give me a hand, please?" Mr. Small says, "Okay, honey, I'll be right there. Look, girls." Lana says, "We think you might be our father." The woman says, "Honey, are you coming?" Mr. Small says, "Yeah, I'll, I'll be there in, be in one second, uh. Look, girls, you've made a mistake. I.. have a family now. Please don't bother me again." Liana and Lana both leave crying.

" Liana and Lana both leave crying

The next day, Liana goes to see Clark and their looking through old photos of Clark

The next day, Liana goes to see Clark and their looking through old photos of Clark. Liana says, "Wow, that is quite a catch." Clark smiles and says, "Took all my strength to pull that one in. My dad even had to help me land it." Liana says, "You're lucky you've got such a great father. I heard you and Chloe had a big fight. Don't worry, she didn't give me any details." Clark says, "Chole promised not to look into my adoption and then she did. Now I've got a woman in town claiming to be my mother." Liana says, "Is there any chance?" Clark says, "No, not in a million years." Liana says, "So, she just showed up out of the blue?" Clark says, "Yeah, she ambushed me at school. "Hi, Clark, I'm your mother." I mean, who does that?" Liana softly smiles and raises her hand. Liana says, "Do you remember that guy in the photo with my mom? I kind of found out who he was. His name's Henry Small. Lana and I went to his house." Clark says, "How'd it go?" Liana says, "Well, uh, he hates the Talon, he hates the Luthor's, and compared me to the Nazis. And he told me and Lana to never come back again." Clark says, "That good, huh? I'm sorry." Liana says, "It's okay. I have done pretty well without a father this long. I don't know why I thought I needed one now." Clark says, "I do. Liana, we're different. We don't get to see our biological parents every day. And see a little piece of who we are or who we may become. If I had a chance to get to know my birth parents... I wouldn't give up just because the first meeting didn't go the way I hoped."

The next day at The Talon, Liana is serving a customer and she says, "If you guys need anything else, give me a shout

The next day at The Talon, Liana is serving a customer and she says, "If you guys need anything else, give me a shout." The customer says, "Thanks." A familiar voice says, "Cute place, very colorful." Liana turns and says, "Mr. Small." Mr. Small says, "Call me Henry." Liana says, "Um, can I, can I get you a coffee? Of course, you wouldn't want a coffee." Henry says, "Regular coffee would be great. I got your letter. And yes, you and your sister did ambush me. But from the way you  and your sister described each other it might just be a habit you got from me." Liana says, "So you are our father?" Henry says, "I don't know. But I'm willing to find out." Liana softly smiles.