Chapter 2

It had been a week and Marinette's acceptance letter hadn't come yet. If it didn't come today it wasn't coming. She could check the mail later, she thought, as he got ready for school quickly saying goodbye to her parents before crossing the street and entering school.

Marinette entered the school and saw that most of her class were there and Lila had started to spin a new tail of lies about her latest trip she had taken over the weekend. She had apparently gone to the Kingdom of Chu and helped the prince get to the hospitals and visit the sick kids and they had planned on starting a new charity soon.

Marintte had to say that in the past two years Lila's lies had gotten better; there were rarely ever any obvious loop holes and no  flaws in her plans to give away that she was lying; she clearly had done her research since Marinette had called her out.

Lila had the class so wrapped around her finger that she could just say her wrist was hurting and they would do her homework for her without even noticing it was the opposite hand that was hurting.

Chloe came into class and taken her usual seat at the front next to her, why the front you may ask well they didn't trust her especially her teachers they were always watching her and the students would always glare daggers at her head also to make sure Marinette didn't hurt lila in any way.

Class had started but the teacher was late as usual which gave the class 10-15 minutes to do whatever lately the teacher kept coming later and later. Marinette was going to find a new song she oculus learned to play on the guitar when a hand slammed down on the table.

"I can't believe you would text Lila all those mean things not to mention you would threaten her not to tell us, I can't believe I was ever friends with you" Alya said raising her hand to slap her when a voice spoke.

"No need for violence, I'm willing to give her a second chance, everyone deserves one after all. I'll give you some time to think about it, come on Alya '' she said in a sickeningly sweet tone to which all the girls in the class kept saying she had a heart of gold and they were so lucky to be friends with her.

While that was happening all the boys said that Marinette used that second chance wisely and finally Adiren came up to her and said to apologize to Lila and take the high road. It's better for everyone, he said. Chloe yelled at him for his terrible advice.

The teacher finally showed up after the class started praising Lila's heart of gold and not even five minutes since class actual started Lila started lying about being the great great great granddaughter of some guy from the history lesson the teacher let her continue talking the entire lesson about how she had been taught all this from her ancestors.

By the time the be;l finally rang Marintte could say one thing she had not learned that entire lesson. But she knew the next lesson Lila couldn't lie Miss Mendelvie hated people talking during class especially when they take a pop quiz so if Llia was to even say a word she would get detention and if anyone was to the teacher otherwise they would also join the liar in detention.

Marintte smiled at the memory of when Lila lied about being related to a famous scientist and the teacher gave her detention for talking during her lecture and when everyone in class except her and Chloe tried saying otherwise they all got detention for a week.

It was the most peaceful week she could remember in the past two years. As they walked into class they also had a test sitting at their desks and as soon as they sat down the teacher started the time limit and everyone began. Marinette knew she aced the test as usual after all she was a straight A student nothing less.

Time skip to the end of the day

Marinett Had just arrived home and had gone up to the apartment and she saw a stack of letters on the coffee table. She picked them and saw a bill or two for the bakery, a letter from one of her mom's friends and finally a letter from Hollywood Arts, which determined her future.

Hey guys,

What do you think of this book so far? Tell me in the comments.

Enjoy reading :)