Chapter 12

For a second as she waited for the receptionist to notice her standing there she felt her throat close up and butterflies erupt in her stomach. She had no idea what had suddenly triggered it other than the thoughts of her old life back in Paris.

And the sudden change of atmosphere hit here the fact she wasn't in Paris or teh she lived next door to her school where her classmates, ones she had been going to school with since kindergarten, were not at this school.

It had all set in. She was nervous, nervous about whether she would fit or was good enough to go to this school at all. "Oh sorry, to keep you waiting, how can I help?" the receptionist asked, snapping Marinette out of her dazed state, the woman was staring at her, now analysing her.

Did she have something on her face? Did she know about her previous school record? Was she going to tell her that she really hadn't passed the audition? That she was chosen by accident. That someone else had actually got the scholarship and they had accidentally called the wrong name which happened to be hers.

"Are you ok, miss? You look pale." the woman who sat behind the desk commented, still looking straight at her. Timidly Marinette shook her head and murmured a quiet "nerves". The woman smiled and nodded before she spoke again.

"You're the new student right, I'm sorry I don't remember your name but students were talking about how good you were trust me no one has impressed so many of our students in so long" the woman spoke.

Marinette stared into her eyes and saw earnestly and coldly tell instantly she was being completely truthful, not a drop of dishonesty or doubt in her way she spoke.

"Thanks" she responded and gave her a little smile. She had a feeling that she could more or less trust this woman for now, she never really did trust anyone for long as long as no one else saw a glimpse of happiness in her she would be fine.

You can't make a person who doesn't have happiness upset. All you can do is anger them and wait for the fuse to blow. "So what can I help you with? Wait let me guess your schedule silly question" she said turning to her computer and tapped away at the keys.

"Your name?" she said staring back up again at Marinette ''Mar- Jade, Jade West '' she spoke like she used to in Paris the slightest bit of her french accent was heard but the women didn't acknowledge it.

She had to get these nerves under control now or else someone would see the trail and out all the pieces together. She had to be careful because Jade West, a new student at Holly Wood arts won the scholarship with her voice that was considered talented.

She recited this in her head till the woman had finished typing and had the sheet printed and was placing it in front of her. For the next few minutes then woke up and explained how the timetable worked and where the rooms were and what subjects she had.

Once the bell rang she turned to walk out of this office when the woman that she still had no idea what her name was stopped and said to wait a minute she quickly went to the microphone and spoke about some girl named Cat Valentine coming to the office/

Before handing her a map for "just incase" what did she mean just in case and who names their child Cat that would like a kitten kitty all you're doing is changing the ending by two letters.