Chapter 6

So here they were going to the courthouse and had decided the final paperwork and her grandmother had signed the custody papers, now all that was left was her name.

Her last name had been decided to be her grandmother's maiden name, which was West and they couldn't decide on a name so they went with her middle name which was Jade.

So now her name was Jade Marinette West and she was going to be living with her grandmother in California which was 8,892km away. Yes she googled it, she wanted to know how far away her class would be.

All the documents were taken and they had agreed to bring her puppy with her so she had some company when her grandmother would be away on her trips which would be most of the time.

After reaching home one last time she did a double check of her room and made sure she grabbed everything she would need and didn't leave anything behind as she would have to take a plane to come get it.

That night, with a teary goodbye, Marinette, Gina and Tikki left to California they arrived nearly 11 hours later later in the very early morning to her new home, walking out of the airport after customs she saw the sun was about to rise and the sky was a mix of pinks, purples and oranges.

After taking a cab they reached their new home. It was a big apartment and it had a great view of the city. The apartment was furnished but nothing special.

Just as Marinette was about to ask about her new room Gina's phone rang and she quickly answered it leaving Marinette to explore, she looked around the place and found three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, a balcony, a kitchen and a small laundry room.

Overall the place was big and looked very nice. "Marinette sweetie, something happened and they need me in Africa. I have to go now if I want to get there by tomorrow and you'll do great with the interview, trust me." she said.

Marinette nodded, "Grandma, which room is mine?" she asked her grandma, "oh, you can have any bedroom you like, I'll be back as soon as I can and I'll call you when I get there. Oh and call your mother after you check the timezone. You don't want to call her at 4 in the morning by accident. Bye my little fairy" Gina said, giving Marinette a hug.

With that she first let Tikki after making sure to lock the door now that she was alone. She looked around the apartment and chose a room, she slowly started to unpack. Sure she was tired but she wasn't sleepy. She had spent at least most of the flight sleeping if she wasn't watching a movie.

Seh placed things away and set up a space for Tikki, before going into the kitchen to find it almost completely empty, all she could find was ice cubes. At least they already had pots, pans and cutlery, but shopping was very important.

So Marinette grabbed out a pen and a notebook and started writing up a very long shopping list that took a few pages. She was about to go get dressed into something else seeing as she was dressed in the same clothes she was wearing the entire 11 hour flight.

When she saw some money sitting at the counter she walked over to it and there was a note left. Use it for groceries, see you soon my little fairy. Her grandmother had left it for her.

Hey guys,

The start of the next chapter will be about what the apartment looks like, then continue on with the story. Also I did some research about Jade West and her personality as I have said before I have not watched the entire show just three episodes.

Which I am still watching, like right now as I am typing this anyway, as I said I did some research and here is what I found.

I figured this would work with my story as Tom believes Lila's lies over his daughter so it would work

I want to use this part from how Lila and her old class hurt her

I want to use this part from how Lila and her old class hurt her. So what do you think?

Enjoy reading :)