Chapter 9

As the song came to an end the lights of the stage were gone except for one that was on her, she stood there and looked out to the audience that was cheering really loudly they hadn't done this for others.

So it shocked her, but she couldn't stop the smile on her face, walking off the stage she heard the next name being called and then going on. There had been some really good performances that had a good chance of beating her.

Taking a seat with those who had performed she took out her phone, at the top of the screen was a notification about a message.

Opening her messages app she saw a message from the mother and grandmother, they apparently had live streamed the performance and were telling her that she had done well.

Marinette typed back a thank you before shutting off her phone. As the final performers went on she started to feel slightly nervous.

Soon they began the speech praising everyone for performing and all that, she tuned out for the most bit till they said it was time to announce who had won the scholarship this year.

"The performer that has won this year's scholarship to Hollywood Arts is none other than...Jade West, '' the principal said into the microphone.

Marinette couldn't believe she had won, finally letting go of a breath she didn't know she was holding as she walked onto the stage.

There she shook hands with the principal and the other teachers who were the judges. They handed her an envelope that showed proof she had won.

Walking off the stage she was congratulated by all those who were in the audience and competed against her.

As she was walking back she heard a familiar voice, one she had heard a few days ago. It was the cat girl, she was talking to a guy holding a puppet.

Walking past them she decided to head to the apartment and call her mother. Reaching the apartment she felt her phone buzzing as she pulled the phone out of her purse she saw her mothers calling her.

She clicked the answer almost immediately, "Marinette, we saw the show, you did amazing, I can't believe that you're my little girl sometimes. I am so proud of you, you know that right" Sabine praised.

Marinette nodded her head, tears glistening in her eyes at her mother's words, all she had ever wanted to do was make her parents proud, and to hear the words were a dream come true.

Sure her dad thought of her as a liar and bully but that didn't matter as long as she made one of her parents proud she was happy.

"How have you been, mama? How are things in Paris?" she asked simply when she went to ask the second question she wanted to end it with home, not Paris as the word left a bitter taste in her mouth.

"Things have been good, the bakery's as busy as normal and I really miss seeing you every morning before and after school, not to mention getting to hear you sing in the afternoons and play an instrument or two," Sabine said.

She went to say something more, but her father came to complain that the bakery was getting busy and he needed help. He barely spared a glance at Marinette before hitting the end call.

So Marinette had been left alone once again, but this time she had Tikki to keep her company.