1. Well.......Here i am

'Please. Save him. He can't be gone. He said he would be with me for my 10th birthday. He promised.' I thought sitting in the waiting area of the hospital.

My brother was driving me home from a friends house when a car came out of nowhere. I only ended up with a few scratched. But brother...the doctors said they are trying everything they can to save him.

"Its all your fault! If he didn't have to pick you up then we wouldn't be in this mess!" My father shouted at me.

"Honey, please calm down. He wanted to go pick her up to surprise her." My mom tried to reason with him.

"Exactly! He didn't have to! Its because of her he was driving! She's too scared to stay the night at a friend's that he had to go get her! Its all her fault!" He shouted back.

"Honey. Please calm down. Don't do this here"

My mom eventually calmed him down. But every once in a while i would get death glares.

My 9 year old self slumped into the chair waiting for my brother to come from the room saying it was all a prank. But he never did. The doctor came out and told us the news.

"Im so sorry. But he's gone. We did the best we could. His injuries were too bad." He said.

No
.
.
.
.
.
No
.
.
.
.
.
He can't be gone.
Its happening all over again.
.
.
.
.
.
" Noooo!" I screamed shooting up from my bed.

Ugg. That dream again.

It happened 7 years ago. Yet i still get these dreams.

I checked the time. It was 6:30am.

'Oh well. Might as well get ready for school' i thought to myself.

I climbed out of bed and looked in my mirror. My crimson red hair that reached midway down my back was tangled. I grabbed my brush and started combing through it. I then noticed a bruise forming on my upper arm and cheek.

I sighed and covered them with makeup. I finished combing my hair and put on my uniform and basketball pendant, grabbed my bag and basketball and went downstairs.

My dad was sleeping in the couch. I crept slowly through the kitchen and out the back door. I took in a breath of fresh air and sighed heavily.

I walked down the street to a basketball court. There was no body playing so i figured i would take some shots before i walked the rest of the way to school.

I threw my bag on the bench and started dribbling my ball. Basketball was my only escape. The only thing i have left from my brother.

He was an awesome player. The best of the best. He used to take me to his practices, lift me on his shoulders and let me dunk the ball. I loved the feeling. Now im able to dunk on my own. I wish he could see me now.

I sighed and checked my phone. School was about to start soon. I grabbed my bag and ran down the sidewalk.

Today is my first day at Seirin High. I've heard they have a basketball club, but im not really interested. I mostly play streetball. I don't like strategies or plans i just role with the flow and do whatever feels right to me.

I enter the gates and look around. Alot of people stare at me but i keep walking. I head towards the principles office to find out what classes i have.

He gives me my schedule and i head for my first period. Once i get to the class i take a seat in the back beside the window. I rest my cheek on my palm and stare out the window.