11. Sëiho

Recap
-------------
"Miyuki Nakaharra." He said.

"And you must be Shintaro Midorima" i said back. We started at each other for a while.

"I thought i would never see you again."

"Like i wanted to see you." i replied with a straight face

"Umm...im gonna go.."the other guy said turning around and running.

"Great now that he's gone..."he started. Then a small smile spread across his face. "Its great to see you again Kiki"

"Great to see you too Midorima" i smiled.

Present

I ran up to him and hugged him. It took him a second to react but he soon put his arms around me and hugged me back.

"I missed you." I mumbled into his jacket.

"I missed you too Kiki."

"I told you to stop calling me that" i said letting go and punching him in the shoulder.

"Since when do i listen to you" he said poking my shoulder.

"You never have...So, what have you been up to? I see you're playing for Shutoku."

"And i see you're playing for Seirin." He smiled slightly. But then went right back to a straight face.

"What happened to you? You changed. You used to be so happy Midorima. Why don't you smile anymore?"

"Ever since that day i haven't been able to. But seeing you again, makes me a little happier. How are you holding up?" He asked putting a hand on my shoulder

"Good. I guess. I still think about him sometimes and how if i hadn't have called then he wouldn't have died." I sighed.

"I told you this a million times before. Its not your fault." He said pulling me into a side hug.

"Yeah" i replied. "Anyways if we win our next game we will get to play you. And I've gotten much better so we won't lose." I smiled.

"Keep dreaming Kiki." He gently pushed me.

"I will" i said pushing him back. "Well i better get back. The teams probably wondering where i am." I said starting to walk away.

"Hey i was wondering why you didn't play in any games earlier"

"Oh...umm...i was away. I just got back."

"Oh. Well it would have been great to see play again. But i guess i would have to sick around tonight to see."

"You better not leave. I want to catch up with you before we play" i smiled. I turned and walked away.

Midorimas mom and my mom were friends. So me, Midorima and my brother always used to hang out. We were best friends. We even thought of each other as family. Even though my brother was 10 years older, him and Midorima used to play ball together. Every once in a while i would jump in and play too. I would always challenge Midorima but i would always lose.  Midorima was always smiling, surprising i know, but...

When my brother died he stopped smiling. He had lost his bestfriend, his basketball partner, his family. He tried to make me happy, but i could tell he too was hurting on the inside. Then I moved to America.

He had lost his brother and now his sister. I could tell just by looking at him that he didn't want me to go, but he put a brave face on and said we would see each other again soon. 

We stayed in touch for 1 year. But then we started getting distant. We would talk twice a day, then once a day, then once a week, then once a month, then we never talked again.