18. The Truth

Recap

------------

We lined up for the tip off. This is it. The game i've been waiting for. If only the person i wanted to play was here.

But there was one thing still bugging me. My headache seemed to have gotten worse, and i can't stop thinking about my brothers basketball my dad busted. I reached up and held my necklace. Hopefully this doesn't affect my play. I can't afford to throw this game. 

Present

Izuki almost got the ball but Imayoshi intercepted and was already on the way for the first basket. I quickly turned around and got in front of him.

"I see your just as quick on your feet as ever."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean? I beat you before and I can beat you again." I said going to swipe the ball.

"i guess we have no choice but the sick the sweet boy on you to pave us a path forward." he smiled.

My eyes widened as i saw him pass the ball to Sakurai who shot a three.

"The opening act huh?" Hyuga said

"I was telling you the truth. You'll see. Once Aomine gets here , we're a bunch of cute little kids compared to him. I mean Miyuki couldn't even beat him. It's no joke i swear." Imayoshi said.

"Wait what?" Hyuga asked surprised.

"Oh she didn't tell you? Sorry." He said running back.

I swear i could strangle him. 

"Forget him. He's just trying to get in your heads. Lets focus on getting it back." I said also running back.

Izuki brought the ball up. He passed to Hyuga and then cut through the paint. Touou was playing a man to man defense. I noticed Susa wasn't watching me, so i cut around him.

"Izuki!" I yelled. He passed the ball to me. But instead of Susa following, him and Imayoshi had switched so now Imayoshi was guarding me.

I smiled as this would be the perfect time to try my new move. I dribbled up to him and hesitated and made a cross over step so my back was to him, then i slammed the ball and stepped by him right into a jump shot. it went in.

"Woah Miyuki when did you learn that?" Izuki said running up beside me.

"Just something i picked up over the last couple of days." I smiled.

Touou had the ball again and Sakurai got another three.

I passed the ball into Hyuga who passed it back to me once i stepped in bounds. I noticed Kagami out of the corner of my eye start to get my his defender. I passed into open space and he got the ball and shot. 

It continues like that for a while. 

"I take it she's your ex girl? Not gonna lie she's hot." Kagami said looking over at Momoi.

"That's rude Kagami." I shook my head.

"Yea i guess." Kuroko responded.

"Hey! Something about the way you said that is annoying." 

"Well, she can be nice,"

"Huh?" Kagami asked surprised.

"When she isn't in a game." Kuroko finished.

"what the hell is that suppose to mean." I asked him.

"She knows everything about everyone." He said before the next play started.