22. Notes

Recap

-----------

"You were also suppose to die in that accident. Then me and your mother would start a new life without two useless, worthless, no good children. But that never happened. Then she just wouldn't keep her mouth shut. I tried to tell her, but no."

I could feel my heart start racing and i was having trouble breathing. I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead against Aomine back.

"Please. Get me out of here." I whispered.

Aomine turned around, grabbed my hand and started running.

"You can't hide forever Miyuki!" He yelled after us. We turned a couple corners and stopped once we lost him. Well, lost him for now.

Knowing him, he'll find me again.

Present

Aomine hadn't let go of my hand while we walked back to his house.  Nobody said anything.

Once we got back to his house, he pretty much made me sit on his couch as he left. When he came back he was carrying his big fluffy blanket. 

I gave him a half smile as he spread the blanket over me. Automatically i snuggled up with it. I leaned my back against the arm rest and spread my legs out. He handed me the remote for the TV and left again. I didn't really feel like watching anything in particular so I just chose a random movie.

"Here ya go." He said when he came back. He handed me a mug with hot chocolate and marshmallows in. 

"Thanks." I said taking the mug. He sat down on the other end with his own mug and turned his attention towards the TV. 

"Get up." I said kicking him lightly.

"Why?" He asked slowly starting to get up. I scooted down so my feet were at the other end but behind my back there was still room for Aomine to sit. He sat back down but behind me this time and i leaned against his shoulder.

"Miyuki?"

"Mmm?" I answered.

"What exactly happened? Midorima just told me the gist of it."

"I guess i should tell you if he knows we're together he'll come for you too."

"What do you mean come for me?"

"He killed my brother. He tried to kill me too but my brother saved me. I think he might have had something to do with my moms death too. Just by what he said that she wouldn't listen and he tried to tell her...anybody who believes in me always seems to get hurt...which is why every time i'm with you, i hope he never finds out. Because i don't want you or anybody else to get hurt because of me."

"Miyuki, he could never hurt me. I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know." I smiled up to him. "Oh, I better call my grandma. She'll be worried if I don't call her soon." I set my cup down on the table and pulled out my phone. I dialed her number and put my phone to my ear. It kept ringing and ringing. Until the voicemail came on. I hung up without leaving a message.

"She didn't answer."

"Maybe she just didn't hear it ring. Try again." Aomine said putting his cup down too.

"OK." I tried calling again. The same thing happened.

"What if...what if he...."

"No. Don't even think that. She's probably out. Or sleeping. But don't you ever think that. I'm sure she's fine."