24. Hands

Recap

-----------

"Kagami! Watch out!" I yelled dropping my phone and running as fast as i could towards him. I pushed him forward. Just before the car reached me, I jumped as high as i could. I didn't get the height i wanted because i didn't have the right balance but it looked like i was going to clear the car.

I cleared the front of the car but my feet hit the roof, I lost my balance and fell forward and rolled off the car. As i hit the cement everything went black.

.

Midorima told Aomine where Miyuki told him she was staying. Aomine took the earliest train and hoped she was ok.

.

After the phone call with Aomine, Midorima stopped shooting and ran into the locker room.

"What's got you in a hurry?" Takao asked walking in behind him. Midorima quickly changed, grabbed his stuff and ran out of the locker room. "Woah. Shin where are you going?"

"Miyuki might be in trouble!" He yelled before running out of the gym.

.

Kagami clenched his fists and stood up. He turned around and scanned the area looking for the car. But it was gone. All he could do was wait.

Present

*Miyuki's POV*

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of a machine beeping. It took a while for my eyes to focus on the white room i was in.

I slowly sat up and looked around. My eyes landed on a sleeping Kagami in the chair in the corner of the room.

I leaned forwards and grabbed one of the pillows from behind me and threw it at him. His eyes shot open as he lifted his head.

"Miyuki! You're awake!"

"Of course i am." I said giving him a half smile.

Kagami sighed. "I'll go get the doctor." He said leaving. 

A few minutes later he came back in with a doctor.

"Ah, Miss Miyuki. Good to see you're awake. Your boyfriend here wouldn't leave your side since you came in." He chuckled. I saw Kagami's face go bright red. I just laughed.

"We're not together. We're just friends."

"Oh sorry for my rudeness. How are you feeling? Any dizziness? Pain anywhere?"

"I feel fine. My head hurts a little but other then that, i feel good."

"Well that is normal after banging your head off the road. You're lucky to only come out with a few scratches. I'll get a nurse to bring you something for your head. I still want you to stay here for a bit longer to run some more tests. I'll be back later to check on you." He said before leaving.

Kagami was staring at me with a straight face.

"What?" I asked.

"You really need to stop getting yourself into trouble." He said walking over to me.

"What was i suppose to do. Just watch you get hit by the car."

"If it meant you wouldn't end up here then yes."

"If you really thought i was just going to sit and watch you really don't know me."

Kagami sighed and sat down on the end of the bed. He place a hand on my leg.