17. Broken Ball, Broken Memories, Broken Heart

Recap

-----------

"So wait Kagami. You said you played Aomine right. Did he...did he say anything?"

"About what?"

"I don't know. Maybe along the lines of a bet?"

"No he never mentioned anything. All he talked about was how i'm not s good light for Kuroko. Oh and he also mentioned something about knowing he can win because someone isn't going to play at their full power. But i had no idea what he was talking about so i really didnt think anything of it."

"Oh. Ok." I mumbled.

We continued to the nurses office to get Kagami a heat pack and we got back to the gym just in time for Riko to start running tough drills.

Present

I plopped down on the bench beside Kagami.

"You tired already?"

"Nope. Not at all. This is like child's play for me." I said sarcastically.

We were quiet for a couple of minutes.

"Miyuki."

"What do ya want" I said looking over at hSim.

"Are you ok?"

"Never better. Why?"

"I'm not talking about your legs. I'm talking about what happened at the restaurant...you know....with your dad."

"Oh." I said looking down. Kagami scooted over beside me. "I'm fine Kagami. We just had another disagreement. Nothing to worry about." I smiled.

"Miyuki. That sounded like more then a disagreement. What did he mean by you killed your mom and brother by playing basketball?" I didn't answer. "Sorry if I'm pushing too much. I just wanna make sure my friends are OK."

"I never really had a good relationship with my dad when my brother and mom were still alive..."
.
.
I told Kagami everything that happened with my brother and mom. Also everything that happened with my dad after my mom died. All the hateful things he said and the thing he did to me. Kagami just sat and listened. Kuroko and the rest of the team had stopped playing and came to listen. I didn't mind. As long as I didn't have to say it again.
.
.
"That night at the restaurant, my dad kicked me out of the house for playing basketball. He said if I ever go back he will kill me." I finished. Not once did I look up.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

"I don't get how someone could be so cruel to an amazing basketball player like you." Kagami said tightening his grip around me.

"You know you'll always have a home here with us. Anything you need, everyone will be glad to help." Hyuga said.

"Yeah! Even if you just need someone to beat, I'm sure Kagami will play you anytime" Koga added.

"Or if you need someone to make you laugh. I'm sure I can come up with some jokes." Izuki added.

"If you need someone to talk to aver a couple of milkshakes. You know where I'll be." Kuroko said.

"Or if you just need a girl to talk to about boys or whatever, I'll be there with you always." Riko said.

Tears were streaming down my face.

"Thanks guys. Really. You pretty much saved me." I smiled. Everyone gathered around and group hugged me.

"Ok guys. Let's head home. We have a big day tomorrow. Make sure to get lots of rest and eat healthy, nutritious foods." Riko said clapping her hands.