Chapter 1: To the Imperial palace

"Mom! Dad! How many times have I told you that I don't want to be a scholar? I want to be a war strategist! My military knowledge is even better than those stupid, dumb soldiers!"

     A child-like voice had said those words. The man was in his early twenties; his spirit as high as ever. The silky black locks of his has been tied into a bun, and clipped with a jade hairpin. His clothes were draped in smooth, fine silk and sealed tightly with a soft belt.

     Those sparkling eyes of his had determination and courage; no matter what they said, he is going to follow his own dreams!

    "Son, its not that we don't want you to achieve your ambitions.." his mom, Madam Wen, sighed. "We just want to give you what's the best for you.."

      Wen Kexing turned his face away from his mother and didn't say anything, but his thoughts were reeling. His dad got up from the wooden chair and patted him on the shoulder. "Look, son, you do know that the Tang dynasty and the Jin Dynasty were at wars right..? Also, you do know that the chances of going back home from the wars is almost impossible.."

      "Dad, you don't even believe your own son?" Wen Kexing asked. "I promise you that I will only participate in strategy plannings and not in the wars!"

      Seeing that desperate look on his son's face, his dad took his mom to the other side of the room and whispered. "What are we going to do? That kid is so stubborn.."

      "I don't know too.." his mom sobbed. "What if... what if..." she couldn't finish her sentences.

      Her husband patted her on the shoulder. "Let's follow his wish.. If he wants to be a war strategist, then be a war strategist.." he looked at his son, who was kneeling on the wooden flooring right now. "A-Xing is not a child anymore, why not let him explore the palace and learn some new things from his experience?"

     "Thats true.." Madam Wen nodded. "Lets grant him his wish then.."

      Wen Kexing looked at his parents walking to his direction, and lowered his head. He was very sure that they will give him an unsatisfied answer.

      "A-Xing.." his mom took his hands, and he stood up on the floor. "Me and your dad have discussed, and we agreed to send you to the Imperial palace.."

      "Really??" Wen Kexing's eyes immediately brightened. He bowed politely and excitedly. "Thanks mom, thanks dad! This son will never forget your kindness!"

      His mom smiled. "Pack your stuff and we'll register your name on the registration list." She held her hands tightly. "Remember, you've got to take care of yourself; the war is harsh out there.."

      "I will mom!" Wen Kexing smiled. "I'll go now!"

      As he finished packing his stuff, he got on a horse and galloped away from his home. The mansion. His place of happiness. His mom and dad. And his childhood memories.

     Just so that he could participate in the wars.

     'Mom, dad.. wait for me at the house. This rebellious son will soon bring victory to the Tang dynasty!'

     Just thinking of it made him smile happily. He will soon

     bring peace and victory to the people of Tang.