Chapter 4: Cope with it

The maid placed the tray of clothing onto the table and said excitedly. "Don't worry, Concubine Wen! The marriage is going to be held a few days later, after Head General Zhou came back from the wars with the Jin dynasty. We will be sure to turn it to the happiest day in your life!"

    Wen Kexing was sure that he heard everything wrong. This was just so wrong. He plastered a fake smile on his face and asked sweetly to the little maid. "Little girl.. did you not take your meds today? You keep sputtering out nonsense since just now.."

    The little maid shook her head. "Concubine Wen, all I said just now was true! Not even a single thing false!" Then she gushed. "Congratulations, Concubine Wen! I hope that the both of you could love each other until death aparts... And may you soon give birth to a son!*"

     Okay, now Wen Kexing finally started to absorb reality. He dropped his jaw. Love each other until death aparts and wishing him to give birth to a son? That idiom was uneccessary. He was a man, so surely he wouldn't be a mom one day. He was about to open his mouth to swear and complain, but the maid was faster than him. "Concubine Wen.. do you want this maid to help you get dressed?"

     "NO NEED." Wen Kexing raised his voice. "I CAN DO IT MYSELF." The maid nervously lowered her head, and said. "If Concubine Wen needs anything, feel free to ask this lowly maid."

     Then she rushed out of the door.

     Wen Kexing sighed in annoyance. He looked at the tray of clothing on the small table and reluctantly wore it. The skin on the back of his body was as soft and smooth as silk, and he took off the hairpin that was clipped on his bun; leaving his hair to be let down gracefully. Another maid rushed in when he was trying to comb his hair with the wooden comb on his dressing table.

     "Concubine Wen, let this maid help you to do it instead." She bowed politely. "Don't let your delicate hands be dirtied by touching dusty things.."

     Delicate hands? Wen Kexing groaned. His decision of being a scholar in the past was soon regretted by him. He had never touched a sword or a blade in his life; since scholars didn't need to participate in wars? But since when did he got interested in being a war strategist?

     Since the Tang dynasty and the Jin dynasty were at wars; the poor citizens were scattered all around the place, with nowhere to live. He wanted to be the war strategist here so they wouldn't be involved or killed anymore by those ruthless soldiers, but that mission became impossible when...

     He was assigned to work with probably the most ruthless general in the whole dynasty.

     And he was going to be his own "wife".

     The maid took the comb from Wen Kexing's hand and combed his long black hair skillfully, then tied his hair back into a bun and placed the white jade hairpin back inside it.

     But he tried to just cope with it. Since he already lost his dignity, what else did he have to lose? Something even worse? So he made a plan on his head.

    Assasinate the dumb head general and take over his place.

    After their "marriage"

    On their wedding night.

///////Author's note////////
Just a short chap for tonight^0^
The author is going to shleep hehe
*may you soon give birth to a son= what people usually say to a newly-wed