Chapter 5: Unfortunate or fortunate?

Wen Kexing is getting used to living in the palace these past few days; with maids following him around, serving him, and calling him "Concubine Wen." He also tried to talk with that Head General person to change his mind. But he always replies with:

     "No one can change my decision. Not even you."

     "But why did you choose me??" Wen Kexing had asked. "Why not choose the other palace women? They are even prettier than I am."

     Zhou Zishu went closer and closer to him, and he backed several steps away from him. Until he was trapped in a corner and couldn't run away from him anymore. He tried to brace himself and turned his face away from his hot breath. "Firstly..." Zhou Zishu stroked his chin. "Can't you see that I'm clearly not as straight as you thought? I've slept with many other men before; and you were the one I'm interested with. You should consider yourself lucky."

      'Lucky?' Wen Kexing had thought. 'I would rather torture myself for eight lifetimes than being stuck with a shameless pervert!'

      "And secondly.." Zhou Zishu continued blabbering. "The Zhou family had an engagement with the Wen family since a long time ago.. Didn't anyone at your house tell you that..?"

      "No...?"

      Ah, so this was the real reason why his parents didn't allow him to go to the palace at the first place!!

      They were trying to cancel the engagement for him? In fear that he would somehow run into him?

      He instantly regretted his life choices. He should have just stayed at home, maybe drink some tea, and read classical books as usual..

      Then none of this would have happened to him!

     "Go back to your room. I need to head to the study room and plan a nice strategy to win the wars." That voice brought him back to reality. Just when Zhou Zishu was about to walk away from him, Wen Kexing blocked the way using both of his hands. "You said that I'm your war strategist.. Why aren't you using me?"

     "You look dumb."

     "...."

     Wen Kexing had no words to argue back with him. How could he, a scholar, who has participated in debates and poetry competitions for half of his life, lose with an airhead? That tiny brain of his only knows how to kill, kill, f*ck, f*ck, and kill again. This was actually kind of embarassing for him, a well-known smart scholar in his young age.

    Zhou Zishu ignored him having a mental breakdown with himself and opened the door to his study room. Closed it and locked it safely, so he wouldn't bug him.

     ~~~~~

     It was finally the day for the marriage ceremony. The happy day was greeted by ecstacy and loud firecrackers. Head General Zhou had personally chosen the date for this "exciting" day; the 8th day of the 8th month. (8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture) People were parading on the crowded streets and chanting Head General Zhou's name. Wen Kexing, who was on his room and in front of his dressing table right now, accompanied by two maids beside him; one combing his hair, and one wearing his wedding robes on his body, cringed hard just by hearing that. Why would people praise a shameless general so much?

     The wedding robes worn on his delicate body was soft and made out of smooth, expensive, fine silk. But that soft fabric couldn't be compared with that soft skin of his on the back of his body. His headwear was made of pure gold; detailed with a red ruby and peach flowers. That pretty face of his could even compete with the bright moon and shining stars on the clear night sky. Wen Kexing stood up from the chair and went outside with the help of the two maids; both tenderly holding each of his hands.

     Wen Kexing was feeling very nervous right now. Yes, if he could succeed on his plan and take over his place as the head general, of course he would be pleasantly surprised. But what if he couldn't?

     What if he even failed miserably on his mission?

     The maids walked him over to the golden carriage and sat him inside it. They closed the curtains. No one was allowed to see the pretty face of the bride before the groom does so. Then, the maid on his right side took out something from the back of the carriage and carefully placed it on top of his head. Yes, you guessed it right, it was the bride's veil.

     The coachman whipped the horse using the lead attached to it, and the horse quickly galloped. Luckily, the road wasn't that bumpy; so they wouldn't go up and down inside the carriage. The two maids held both of his hands; worrying that he would somehow fell off the horse carriage.

     They finally arrived at the destination after a few minutes. The horse stopped, and the maids led him to get off the carriage slowly, then got inside the house.