Chapter 17: Regrets that we hadn't met sooner

Zhou Zishu tied Wen Kexing's body with a rope attached to him so he wouldn't fall out while riding on the horse. He stared at the metal chains that were handcuffing both of his hands and legs. They made a 'tring tring' sound whenever he was moving him. He got to remove them somehow.

Wen Kexing wouldn't be too happy if he was still tied with those heavy chains even after he died right?

What are you thinking about Zhou Zishu? He was just "peacefully" sleeping.

He sighed heavily, then pulled him up to the horse and got up fast before he could fall down to the ground. Wen Kexing was now leaning on to his pretty shoulder blades; and his nose touched them lightly. Zhou Zishu smiled, he didn't know how,

but he had a feeling that he was still there with him. By his side.

The horse then galloped; leaving the Jin Dynasty's chaotic palace. Lucky for them, Zhou Zishu didn't see anyone nearby; so they could get back safely. Wen Kexing was literally moving up and down during their fast, bumpy ride. Zhou Zishu slowed their pace, as Wen Kexing might feel uncomfortable with it. The horse suddenly stopped and made a loud fluttering noise. Zhou Zishu flinched; wondering why it stopped so abruptly.

Bi Xingming who ran out from the room appeared to be here. This was ruining Zhou Zishu's "happy" mood right now. Bi Xingming panicked and was trying to run away from him. You don't want to mess with someone who had just lost his cherished treasure because of you. He knew that his life was in danger. But before he could even step on a block; Zhou Zishu shot him in the neck using the hidden weapon under his long sleeves. Bi Xingming's eyes widened; and he dropped down to the ground. Dead. Blood was oozing out from his nose and ears.

Zhou Zishu got down from the brown horse, and untied Wen Kexing from him. He then laid him against an oak tree, while still staring at his pretty face. He remembered the first day they met, their marriage day, and this one time where he'd last seen him walk and talk. Still as pretty as always. He wiped the dry blood drooling from his lips with his other sleeve; which doesn't have a hidden weapon in it, gently. He then let out another heavy sigh, and walked to Bi Xingming's dead body.

Unwavering and completely unbothered, he squatted down and removed his robes. The pungent smell was beyond overwhelming; and he scrunched up his nose. Finally, he found something among a big pile of assorted items; his command sign, the small blade he had used to take Wen Kexing's life and a crumpled note. He didn't pay attention to the paper, however, and took the key. The key to free Wen Kexing from the chains.

He didn't even bother to put the man's clothes back on. A pervert is a pervert, let him suffer in Hell for the rest of his pathetic little "life". Wen Kexing was still laying against the oak tree; surprisingly didn't fall out. Zhou Zishu used the key and expertly unlocked the chains that was prisoning him. Both on his hands and legs. Zhou Zishu smiled. "Now its easier to walk and roam around right?"

No words seemed to be heard from from Wen Kexing. Zhou Zishu carried him on his back, then huffed and panted. The sun was shining bright and it was really hot. Alas, its summer. Wen Kexing's body felt really light on his bones, he didn't expect that this huge eater would be that easy to carry. The shortcut back to the palace was on the west side; but he chose to take the longer route, on the east instead. He wanted to spend more time with him.

"A-Xing, you told me once that you didn't like me flirting with you right?" Zhou Zishu asked. "Since you're dead now, I can flirt with you whenever I want to!"

Wen Kexing's hands felt as cold as ice, and his face was almost as white as paper by now. Zhou Zishu breathed heavily, he felt like he wanted to burst into tears again. But he buried the grief deep into his heart. 'What a shame that we hadn't met sooner,' he thought. 'If you came to the palace earlier and I went to save you earlier, then you wouldn't have ended up like this...'

A pebblestone pierced him on his left foot, and he almost fell down. It was just that thinking about Wen Kexing, his moves instinctively and reflexively was controlled by the sharp mind of his. He continued to walk on foot. After about half an hour, Zhou Zishu finally arrived at his "home", the palace. He almost dropped down from exhaustion, as cold sweat started dripping from his forehead. His hair and body were all wet; and his breathing was choppy.

Duan Pengju immediately greeted him as soon as he got to the gates. Zhou Zishu asked while coughing a bit. "Pengju, aren't you injured? Why are you here?"

"Head General Zhou, you're finally back!" Duan Pengju gave him a relieved smile. Seeing someone he knew was carried on Zhou Zishu's back, his jaw almost dropped. "H-head General Zhou, what happened to Concubine Wen..?"

(And yes, I do realized that I made Dpj the protagonist on this fanfic lol. Sorry Han Ying:( )