Chapter 18: No longer as cold as ice

"H-head General Zhou, what happened to Concubine Wen..?"

Wen Kexing's face was as white as paper, and his lips were pale. His hands swung back and forth whenever Zhou Zishu moved a muscle. He looked lifeless...

Zhou Zishu didn't answer that question and asked him a thing that was beyond Duan Pengju's wildest imaginations. "Could you order an expert craftsman on town to craft an ice coffin?"

Okay, now what Duan Pengju was worried about seemed to be true. "I-ice co-coffin?" he stammered. "I-I assume him to make it the exact same size as C-concubine Wen?"

"Mn." Zhou Zishu nodded, then motioned Duan Pengju over to help him to lower Wen Kexing's body from his back. His back wasn't as sore as he thought it will be, it actually felt... cold. He carried Wen Kexing on his arms and walked and said without facing back. "Make sure that the craftsman finished making it before midnight. Or else chop his head off."

His voice seemed to fade and fade away as he walked to his room. He slammed the door. Duan Pengju walked to the gates and shook his head. Head General Zhou is usually a sensible and logical person, why would he want someone to craft an ice coffin for him? To preserve his dead wife's body? Is he out of his mind? Who changed him so he could become like this? Duan Pengju had seen improvements of his character for the few weeks since he married Wen Kexing. He smiled even more, didn't curse that much anymore, and became more lively. Heck, the first time he met him, he was cold as f*ck. Never cared about anyone that much.

At least he is acting and behaving like a real person now...

Not a mindless puppet whom was controlled by his parents.

^^^^^
He Lianyi and his subordinates wrnt to search for Bi Xingming as soon as a guard reported that his room was filled with corpses. They scattered to all directions, trying to find their missing vice general. They just lost their head general and couldn't afford to lose another important person to the dynasty.

A guard shouted when he saw a topless person covered in blood lying on the ground face-down. "Your Majesty, I think I found something!"

They all rushed to his direction, and the guard flipped the person over to discover his identity. They all gasped in shock all at once. The corpse looked the same as Bi Xingming; barely recognizable because of the blood everywhere on his face. He was attacked by probably in the most crulest and brutalest way they had ever seen. Blood was oozing out from his mouth, nose and ears. He Lianyi immediately knew who could have the capability to kill a person this cruel. The most heartless person he had ever known in his entire life,

Zhou Zishu.

////////////////
It was past midnight now. The craftsman crafted it and sent it a few minutes after 12. Zhou Zishu is a perfectionist and a man of words; he would do anything he said. But they reasoned that since it was summer, it was hard to find ice and they melted quickly. Zhou Zishu finally decided to spare him, very different from what he will usually do. Everytime he sees a head for him to chop, it will roll down to the ground right on that second. He laid Wen Kexing's body on the box full of ice; and just stared at him for a while.

He then decided to bandage Wen Kexing's wounds; they looked painful. Zhou Zishu held his breath. How did he survive with these cuts and bruises everywhere on his body? He ripped a part of his sleeves and bandaged the deep cut on his neck, but before that he applied some antiseptic first on the wounds. He knew that his effort was useless and wasn't helping him at all, but who knows? He might wake up from his eternal sleep one day?

If you're wondering, what's the writing on the crumpled note that Zhou Zishu found on Bi Xingming's inner robes?

Someone could bring a dead person back to life.