before.

deadly games -

deadly games
-

DETAILS WERE ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU'D ENJOY OBSERVING. A leaf falling from a tree on a day of autumn, the smell of spring or winter, maybe even the wind taking away someone's belongings. Details were a part of nature, and sadly you didn't get a chance to spend much of your life in the nature, like many people did. You were trapped inside that big house during your childhood, once you got into school you didn't have time for that and now when you were a student, you could admire it from afar. The career path you wanted to follow, included the observing of details, and all the little things you couldn't notice for two decades, finally made their way to you.

  You were on your way to the Ōtsuka household, where your parents lived. They had some news for you, but you could already tell that it was going to end up badly. They always tried to make the decisions for you and this time, it wasn't going to be different.
You couldn't say no to them, because they were your family after all. Everything they decided, you had to go with it. Even if you weren't living together anymore.
  The house you grew up in, started becoming closer and you felt like a rock was being put on your chest, it was like you were going towards a certain death. The house was quite big, considering the wealth they had. Despite being part of a rich family, you would always rather spend time in your modest apartament that you bought not so long ago. This neighborhood was full of villas, that you never really paid any interest in.

  You pressed the ring button and your mother opened the door. A smile appearing on her face and you knew what kind of smile it was. Not a fake one, but 'my plan is working' kind of one.

  "We have some guests, honey. Come in!" she used her enthusiastic tone. It pissed you off the fact that you had no idea what was happening. You usually knew what your parents wanted, this time you didn't. Everything felt off today.

  You entered the living room and there were three people you haven't seen before. A man, a woman and probably their son, all of them dreassed nicely. You had no idea who could they be, but you still fake smiled out of politeness. The woman stood up and came to hug you tightly. The hug came unexpected and you weren't able to react in any way.

  "Oh, dear. I haven't seen you in ages! You are even more beautiful than I remembered."

  "Sorry, I don't really remember who you are." you tried to sound polite, but it didn't work. You took a quick glimpse at the guy that looked like he was around your age. A smirk appeared on his face after what you just said to his mother.

  "That's fine. You were like five when we last saw each other. I'm Akane! This is my husband, Osamu, and our son, Shuntarō Chishiya."

  Suddenly, you realized what was going on. Your mom always used to say 'marry rich so you wouldn't have to work'. You've never seen the point to that, though. Considering the fact that your parents were already rich and they wouldn't benefit at all from an arrangement like that. Here you were, looking at the strangers inside your parents' house, knowing that they probably wanted you engaged to their son.