forty two.

deadly games❝deal❞

deadly games
deal

  IT WAS QUIET.

  The quiet before the storm, in which no one dared to say a word after such a scene was caused. No one informed the bully about the lie and, to be fair, it was the right thing to do. The stress a Hearts game brought was already enough, no one deserved to get bullied on top of that.
  Deep down, everyone wanted this. A lie that would cause the start of the game. Because no one wanted to be stuck forever in such a dark place.

  Urumi wasn't concerned about what happened or about the victim who was still on the floor when she approached. Her only reason to talk to him was because it was the perfect moment for a new member in her group. She liked power — craved it even. And this game was providing it for her, so she enjoyed every moment of it.
  While she helped him with hidden reasons, you looked at Banda who seemed bothered. It was obvious that he wasn't fond of the girl, either.

  "Should we try to get rid of her now?" you whispered close to Chishiya's ear.

  "It's too soon."

  For now, Urumi was being worshipped by multiple players. You couldn't tell her a wrong suit, since more people would tell her the truth. The moment when she'll start lying will be the start. The only ace you had up your sleeve was Chishiya who undeniably could be now trusted.
  Your eyes went back to Banda who suddenly turned his attention on you as well. The thought of a possible alliance didn't sound too bad, however being around a serial killer would be more than uncomfortable.
Chishiya noticed everything and understood what you were thinking, he didn't think it would be a wise idea, so he nudged you out of the eye contact. The look he gave you was like a loud warning to not do anything stupid. It was indeed stupid, so you chose to take his warning seriously.

"It's a bad idea, it could be also a good one. Just not now." Chishiya settled to say.

"I'm aware it's not wise to be the first ones causing a dispute, but if you think about it, the outcome would be similar in every scenario. We start it, they continue. They start it, we continue."

  "We both know it's not that easy, Y/N." Chishiya rightfully said.

  "The game will get messy either way. But that guy right there," you pointed at Banda. "is probably one of our best shots. As much as I hate to say it, the fact that he mercilessly killed those people makes him shameless and he'd be more than alright with a plan to get rid of people in this game."

"Do you really think so?" Chishiya asked, but he seemed worried.

"It's worth a try."

"What if he really is the Jack and you're willingly entering the lion's cage?"

𝙸𝚃 𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙰𝙽𝚂𝚆𝙴𝚁.

"I guess we'll find out in the third round."