twenty one.

deadly games❝meeting❞

deadly games
meeting

  PEOPLE STARTED TO SLOWLY GATHER BACK TO THE BEACH. Those who didn't go out to play, however, still chose to party.
  It's been a little over two hours since Chishiya left for tonight's game and it would be a lie if you said that you weren't worried.

  Since you got some time alone, you were able to try and arrange some of your thoughts.
  You had to talk to Arisu about everything that happened. Earlier when he told you, you just ran without considering the fact that it might've been just as hard for him to tell you about it. You also wanted to know how it happened exactly. What were their last words or if they felt any pain.
  Thoughts about the last time you saw them were constantly running on your mind. Even back then, you had a strange feeling about their following game. You ignored it, though, by having that talk with Chota and Karube – which they obviously chose to ignore.

  From your window you noticed the two familiar figures. Arisu and that climber girl. There was Arisu's adoring look again, you could see it from the distance. He was totally whipped and there was no way he could escape your future teasing.

  You decided to go down, where the music became louder and the image more clear than what you saw from the window.

  Arisu and his girl were now sitting on two sunbeds, Kuina approaching them. You internally sighed, knowing that she'd be the first one starting the teasing. Just like she usually does with you and Chishiya.
  You came closer and finally took a sit next to the short haired girl, being in front of Kuina. The girl with dreads only gave you an acknowledging look and put her entire attention upon those two. Arisu was surprised you were there, it was clear that he wanted to speak to you, but he was interrupted.

  "Your girlfriend?" Kuina started and confusion was written all over the girl's face.

  "What? You're wrong!"

  "You guys get along, so why not date each other?" your friend with dreads asked and you knew somehow that her question was also addressed to you. Only if you knew, Kuina. "You never know when you're going to die."

  "She has a point..." you agreed.

  "What are you saying?" Arisu finally joined in.

  "There are things that you should do while you're still alive!" she said with a hint of excitement, but it soon faded when she got no reaction. "My mom is sick in the hospital. She can't even relieve herself without my help, and yet I had to be separated from her. So I want to return alive. That's why I quit smoking." Kuina showed them one of her unused cigarettes. "I haven't been able to quit before this. I'll need some stamina in order to survive, right? I'll definitely survive and return to the real world."

  Kuina was unusually talkative that moment. She was always opening up to people, but you knew her mother was a sensitive subject. She wouldn't just talk about it to anyone.
  The girl either really liked Arisu and his friend, either it was something else. But you couldn't figure out what.