twenty eight.

deadly games❝aguni's reality❞

deadly games
aguni's reality

FINDING ARISU BROUGHT A CERTAIN WARMTH TO YOUR HEART. Especially now that you knew he never blamed you for a second. If anything, he felt bad that Chishiya kept it a secret from you. Arisu wasn't mad at Chishiya for betraying him, but he was furious that Chishiya broke your heart.

"I hate to break this to you now, but we only have 30 minutes left." Usagi announced and you finally let go of Arisu. Your best friend started wiping off the tears on your face. After he was done, Tatta handed him a phone.

"Just explain the rule to me." Arisu said.

"Someone killed Momoka. That person has the role of the witch and we have to find him or her, and burn them into the Fire of Judgement." Tatta tried to explain quickly, without getting into unimportant details.

"This is seriously the worst rule ever. But just like those taggers from the tag game, who were made to participate in the game with rules of their own. I'm sure it's the same this time. The witch has to kill the girl to start the game and survive until the end of the time limit. In other words, the witch clears the game if everyone here gets a game over or gets struck by the lasers." Arisu's explanation got you thinking about that idea of yours. After your friend put it that way, it suddenly made even more sense. The percent of you being right, just double increased.

"Just who could be the witch?" Tatta asked.

"If I were the witch, I would join the others in hunting since it'll be game over if I'm caught." Usagi told the four of you.

"So could it be someone from the militants?" Asahi asked.

"Niragi, Last Boss, or Aguni?" Tatta threw the most familiar names.

"Niragi is out of the question. I took care of him." you avoided getting into details about your encounter with Chishiya and Niragi.

"If that's the case, then the militants will kill one another. But it doesn't feel like the purpose of the game." Arisu gave you his opinion.

"The purpose of the game?" Usagi questioned with curiosity.

"Toying with people's hearts. It's a game of betrayal and it's supposed to trick you..." you said more to yourself still analizing the possibility of that person to really be the witch.

"Ten of Hearts... it's not just a physical game. I know that since I've cleared a hearts game before. Y/N knows too, maybe even better than I do, since she cleared three of them. Heart games are utterly wicked. They're designed so that you can't win without feeling disgusted. If the militants win this way, there will not be any conflict."

"So what is it?" Tatta was curious.

"Something's weird. What could it be?" Arisu was trying hard to think about who the witch was. It should be the moment to tell him your idea. You were now almost entirely sure that you were right.