three.

deadly games❝the poisoned bottle❞

deadly games
the poisoned bottle

THE VISAS WERE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE BORDERLANDS. After each completed game, the number you played will give you the number of days you can go without playing. You still didn't know for certain how people died if they didn't play a game after their visa expired, but it must be from the same type of laser that killed the high school boy after your first game.

Your visa will expire tomorrow, meaning that you had to play a game tonight. You didn't really mind it, you were just curious to see what type of game you'll have to play now.
Clubs was teamwork, Spades physical — which you weren't exactly fond of, Diamonds wits and Hearts psychology. Weirdly, you wanted to try each one of them to be able to play better.

  The Beach's food wasn't something too extraordinary, but it was edible. You were eating the breakfast, when a girl with braided hair took the seat in front of you. She had that cigarette between her lips, just like the last time you interacted. You were still confused why she wasn't lighting her cigarettes, but everyone has their own likings and dislikings.
Unlike the other day, you felt like making an effort and talk to other people, so you let her stay at the table. It won't hurt socializing once in a while.

"Sorry about yesterday, I was kind of a bitch to you." the apology received a genuine smile from Kuina.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone has their bad days." you nodded, thinking about the fact that it was probably the worst day.

"What made you approach me yesterday?" you asked her, even though you had an idea why. The motive probably had some blonde hidden.

"I saw the interaction between you and Chishiya." an amused smile appeared faintly on your face after your speculation was right. "Back at the lobby. When he waved and you blew him off. I don't know him very well yet, but he's for certain a pain in the ass. I also enjoyed seeing his face, after you walked away."

"I'm assuming you met him in a game?" Kuina chuckled shaking her head negatively.

"No, thank God for that. We met on the street and I basically followed him around until we found this place." you were doubting the fact that Chishiya took it lightly. He most definitely ignored her or threw comments that made him seem like a smartass.

"And what do you think of it? The Beach, I mean."

"This place has better conditions than any other spot in this 'new' Tokyo, so I'm glad I found it. What about you? I heard you arrived here only a few hours before me and Chishiya."

Your enjoyment about the Beach was limited, only because of so many gaps that you didn't know how to fill.

"See those guys over there?" you pointed at the militants, that you've heard about last night from a random dude in the hallway. Kuina nods and encourages you to continue. "They're the militants. The only ones allowed to have weapons here. It doesn't seem like a very stable situation to me, so a scandal between them and Hatter might be caused any time."