|02|

I slowly slide into my bed even though I knew it was still afternoon. I took my books to study. I started with maths cause I still haven't finished with school. I set an alarm for the next hour... Wait an hour? Never! 30mins. Yes thirty, just in case I sleep because of boredom. I have my last exam papers just a few days to go.

And here goes the alarm. I fell asleep while studying. Just great! I stood and Walked outside my room. I found Fareed Playing his play station games with his friends in his room through the creaked opened door and I turned my direction away. I walked to the parlor and huffed down.

"No phone. Great! Wonderful! Amazing! Fun! well at least I would focus on my exams" I said changing the channel on the TV. The Commercial on display was over and I remembered I had a few movies to watch. A smile made its way to my face and brightened my mood.

"I told you I would win you!" One of his friends said while they all argued about something. I turned the volume higher and concentrated on the characters. "Heck! You were just lucky Abdi. And if not for the exams we're having... we would've had a rematch." Fareed says and I paused at my movie staring blankly at the ceiling in annoyance.

They just left and I resumed when his annoying voice called me. "Yo! Hey Amani have you seen That viral video-"

"No! I haven't, will not and I don't care. Can you leave?" I asked with narrowed eyes. He chuckled and replied "I can sense mum seized your phone. " He then walked Away making me to roll my eyes.

The movie ended after half an hour and I stood up. I walked around the parlor and stop by one of the paintings on the wall I observed it for 5 minutes and wondered how one can create something like this. I huffed a sigh and sat down thinking of what to do I would have brought out my phone and called some mates for us to hang out around or even study together but look I'm grounded now.

"Amani!" My mum called and I hastily stood up and left to her room. She wasn't alone and I walked in greeting both my parents. "Take it" I received my phone with a natural face even though deep down inside my mind I was jumping in joy. I was thankful to her even though her attention wasn't on me.

I sighed and sat down on the sofa and turned my phone on. The wallpaper stared at me and I stared at it back. It consisted of a cabin house surrounded by trees and flowers. It was indeed colorful and an idea came to my head. I got up and walked to Fareed's room. He was blabbering some words which I so didn't care to even listen or reply and flung open one of his wardrobe and brought out some painting materials. He was whining and I turned around with a blank face.

"Quit the blabbering. I'm just borrowing this" I rolled my eyes at him and left his room.

"That's what you said about my ear piece, phone case, and even my piggy bank!" He listed I turned around to reply.

"Well duhhh.. It wasn't as if you were using them." I then exaggerated with my hands and face before giggling and leaving his room. He was speechless and I shrugged my shoulders and left an unbelievably looking Fareed behind. I walked outside and spread everything on one of the patio chairs in my front yard and went back to my room to bring out some blank papers.

'Splash'

"Seriously? It had to fall! Ughhhhhh" Keeping the brushes aside and wiping my hands, I picked the colours and wiped the floor even though it's a bit useless. I mean... I'm outside. Picked the paper in which I was in the middle of painting my neighborhood. I'll confess I'm good at this. I smiled and kept staring at it for some more seconds.

"Paint me" Someone's breath fanned my ear and with widened eyes I turned around and almost bumped into her. I pushed her away and glared. "Poor Amal thought it was a boy" Neema laughed and I glared harder. "Gosh! Drop it! Don't kill me with your ugly eyes." She placed her palm on my eye and I slapped it with earned a chuckle from her.

"I must say.. You're very clever and creative." She said staring at my uncompleted painting with keen eyes.

"I know. I know I always have this in me but I just bury it. I nee-"

"Yeah I don't want to hear that"She interrupted while raising her hand up signalling me to be mute."What a witless human being" I mumbled lowly while silently glaring at her.

"Well I heard that. I wasn't talking about useless learnt skills. I was referring to your cleverness, considering the fact that you've completed your studies and exams." She said still staring at my painting and I dropped it on the table with a light thud. I rolled my eyes at her and sat down to complete the painting.

"So you gonna paint me or what?"

"Nop"She drew the nearest chair opposite mine and sat down covering the whole background I was staring. Looking at her smiley face made me remember what she caused. A smile made it's way to my lips and I dropped the brush down. "So.. How's your plant?" I asked with a smile.

"Uhhh.. You just saw it yesterday."

"I thought you lived in an animated world. Sure, your seedling should have grown fruits by now."

"Well duhhh. It did and I even plugged some coconuts for your dumb brain to play with." She said and my jaw fell staring at her.

"At least mine is full of animation to even have a co buddy to play with." I retorted with my nose high.

"So you accept you're dumb?" She asked enthusiastically and I dropped my hands and hid my face in embarrassment. She laughed her lungs out and all I could do was bit my lower lip and stared at her with a glare.

I can't wait to bury her alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~