|04|

"Nice party!"

"Till graduation neems"

"You rocked the party, nice moves by the way."

"Can you believe that was actually my first real party ever? My parents always take me to restaurants and call it the trendiest party." Another girl whispered to her friend but everyone including me chuckled, she became beet root red and moved more closer to her friend and continued.

"Did I say that out loud?" She whispered and I shook my head while laughing. "Some people just don't know how to whisper."I took another bite of
my toasted bread and sipped my tea. Whispers and chatters here and there making me want to lean back, cross my arms and listen.

"Amani! You're still eating?! We have a lot to do. Get your lazy ass up and help!" Neema yelled and I only stared at her while slowly chewing. I sipped my green tea much slowly making sure the annoying sound is heard. Her eye twitches and I chuckled. "Leave me alone. I need to finish my food slowly and as the good girl I am,maintain table manners!" I turned around in my seat and continued eating slowly with a smile.

"You're getting on my nerves girl.." She said and I shrugged. "Deep breaths baby girl." I told her and threw the last piece of my bread into my mouth while closing my eyes and savoring the taste. I drank all the liquid from my cup and finally stood up ready to give neema the dishes but she disappeared. I shrugged again and walked to her kitchen.

"Wonderful! now do the dishes. The dish washer just wanted to take a break suddenly." Neema exclaimed, annoyance laced in her voice and I huffed a sigh. Seeing all these dishes makes me want to go home to wash my own dishes.

"Where are you heading to?" I asked.

"Well.. Clearly this is my house and I threw a party inside. Andddd a slumber party. As the host of the party, I'd go lye down and sleep. Not minding one bit of what will happen in my house while the guest are still here." She said sarcastically with a smile.

"Ohhh. Then call someone to help me with this dishes would ya." I pouted pushing my lower lips out while looking at her with my best 'puppy dog' eyes. She suddenly giggled and I followed. "You look ridiculous.... Oh ah, Aliyyah! Come do me a Favour." I sighed in relief and started arranging the plates. "Help Amani with the dishes okay? I need to go thanks" she quickly scurried away.

"But Natalie-"

"Don't worry about her. She'll look for you and eventually come help us out."

I slowly turned the door knob over and peeped inside. Pushing the door, I walked slowly inside with steady steads. I huffed a sigh when I saw my whole family in the kitchen chit chatting while chopping, frying, steaming and slicing. I bit my lower lips and moved closer to the wall to avoid being seen and I was almost cheering when I successfully passed through the door unseen when my mum called me.

"Where do you think you're going?!" She asked and I straightened up my face dulled. I know she was talking to me so I replied plainly "My room."

"Come back here and help me wash that chicken. Fareed get the cheese and grind it to bits." I groaned lowly and through my bag on the floor and walked to that kitchen. I breathed softly and asked. Like I was even interested.

"So what are we making?"

"I think my ears are blocked. Did she said we?" Fareed said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Chicken cacciatore with mashed potatoes." My mum replied and I stuck my tongue out for fareed.

"Is that a new dish?" I asked while carefully removing the bile from the chicken part. She nodded and continue.

"An Italy dish. It looks good too, not hard fromtge looks of it."

"Yep! By the way... eight hands are better than two." Fareed said specifically looking at me. I rolled my eyes at him and my Dad suddenly asked. "How'd the party go. Show us some pics and videos" I explained, more like summarize the whole scene in an excited mood, while I showed them the little pics I snapped before that party. I requested by sending messages to my mates for the videos it didn't take them much to reply and I gladly showed everyone. Fareed was right 8 hands are better than two. We are cleaned up and left the chicken to roast.

"So now you're going to attend university hmm" My dad said with a thinking face and kept his fork aside. I hummed and sliced a piece of the chicken, dipped it in the sauce and brought it to my mouth savoring the taste.

"Aren't you too young?" He asked and I almost coughed out the food in my mouth. I quickly chewed and swallowed it drinking some water and replied. "I'm seventeen Daddy! And because of my tallness everyone thinks I'm twenty." I laughed and I glanced at Fareed who rolled his eyes.

"We're going to apply for a university in Abuja." He said and it took me some time before I understood.

"Abuja as in...?" I gently asked slicing another piece and dropping it in my mouth.

"Yes. Abuja, it's in Nigeria." I paused and stared at him. "So you were serious when you said we were going to move?" I dropped my cutleries down and wiped my lips with a napkin.

"Of course. Something around ending of this month." I paused again thinking which day was today. "But today's 15th."

"Great. We're leaving 30th. I've already booked everyone's plane ticket." He said like it meant nothing. I glanced at Fareed and saw him with the same expression as mine. I breathed in and out and continued eating. I finished quickly and walked to my room falling on the bed and sleep overtook me, only one thing in my mind.

'We're moving out of this country.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~