April 2, 2012

Soon it was night. Jolyne was left in the living room watching television. I took a shower while Jotaro stayed in the office looking through the stuff in there.

When I was done and freshly in my night clothes, I plopped down on my side of the bed. I made sure that the bed was made up, so that it was neat.

But a thought came to mind: would he be comfortable sleeping with someone he sees as a stranger? Was I still a stranger in his eyes?

Jotaro walked into the bedroom. "Um. I'm going to take a shower."

"Do you need help?" I added. "I mean, your face was still bandaged up, I wondered if it would make it difficult."

He said, "I might need to. My depth perception is a bit off. I can call you if I need help."

"You? Asking for help?"

His brow furrowed in confusion.

"Forget it. Call me when you need me. I'll be happy to help."

"Mm," he mumbled as he went into the bathroom.

I sat up on the bed and just watched the door closed. I could only see the light shining through the cracks. I waited for the shower to start.

After what felt like five minutes, I considered using my stand to see what he was seeing. I felt like it was a breach of privacy by doing it without him knowing.

"Hun?" I called as I got up from the bed. "Are you okay?" I got to the door and knocked.

There was no answer.

This worried me so I decided to use my stand. "Pierce The Veil, let's go."

Immediately, I was speculating Jotaro's vision. I found him staring right back at himself. He was looking in the mirror in a daze. His vision was off as the bandage was still covering half of his face. He was dressed decently. In fact, the only thing he took off was his hat.

I let myself in the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

His eye moved from the mirror to me. "We were supposed to die."

That's when I noticed that his breathes were ragged. His trembling hand went to the bandage and he tried to look underneath, but when he did, he quietly suck in air.

"It's okay," I said trying to find the words to reassure him. "It healed well. You're not bleeding. That stopped a week ago."

"No," he breathed. "We were supposed to die. He's going to kill us."

"No one's going to kill us," I tried to reason. "Pucci's been taken cared of."

"No. You don't understand-." He cut himself off at his breathes became deeper and faster.

Then Star Platinum materialized. He was scanning the bathroom. It was like he was searching for a threat.

But there existed no threat around us.

I had no idea what to do.

"J-Jotaro! The problems has been solved." I tried to get his attention by giving a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder that it was still on.

That only escalated the situation.

Jotaro gasped and pulled away. He took a couple of steps because until he was against the wall. He managed to said, "I'm gonna... be sick." He slouched down. He was getting tunnel vision.

I stood directly in front of him so that he could see me. I couldn't help it, but my hands trembled. I tried not to cry for his current state. "Focus on one thing, okay? You are home."