You're Mine

When I woke the next morning, I found Jotaro's face close to mine. I observed his sleeping face. It looked so calm and serene.

I exhaled and untangled myself from him. I went down to the kitchen and began cooking some breakfast.

When I was close to being done, Jolyne appeared. "Is Dad still asleep?"

I shrugged, "Yeah."

"After sleeping for almost two weeks, I feel like he wouldn't want to sleep for days." She scoffed as she sat down at the island.

I laughed, "True."

Jolyne's eyebrows went up in surprise.

"What?"

She said, "It's the first time I ever seen you laugh."

"Oh." I wasn't sure what to say in response, so I changed the subject. "So how often to do plan on visiting? I can pick you up whenever you want me to."

She said, "I might have Mom take me."

I almost tensed up by she mentioning her mother.

She said, "Don't worry. Mom moved on. She has no desire to go after Dad. I learned that when I came home."

"Oh." I exhaled as I grabbed a few plates. I placed one in front of her and said, "Go all out. I made a big breakfast."

"Nice! Thanks!" She got and filled her plate.

What I learned was that, both of them had very big appetites.

Both of us were sitting at the island counter, eating together. We had little conversations as we ate.

Then Jolyne asked, "So how did last night go with Dad?"

"H-hunh," I sputtered. "Well, we slept and all." Should I be talking to his daughter about his?

She clarified, "I meant, Did you two sleep well? Because he doesn't remember anything, wouldn't it be weird?"

"Oh, yeah," I said. "I was worried about that, myself. It was almost like normal."

"That's good," she said.

Finally, Jotaro came into the kitchen. He was still were his pajamas, but this time it was accompanied by his hat.

I greeted, "Good morning. Breakfast is waiting by the stove."

He nodded, "Good morning." He got his fill of food.

Then I noticed Jolyne. She tried to not to look as shocked. This was the first time she saw his face after he took off the bandage. She continued eating.

He sat across from us and began eating. Of course, he didn't say anything.

I finished eating and so did them. I said, "I got the dishes."

"Are you sure?" Jolyne asked.

"Yeah," I grabbed her plate and my own plate. "Your arm is still healing." Then I got up and grabbed Jotaro's empty plate.

Jotaro looked up at me and said, "Thank you."

Before moving away, I placed a kiss on his temple that I could reach without hitting his hat and walked to the sink. It felt normal. Showering him with affection many times a day was something I always did. It was almost muscle memory, but I couldn't help but feel a nagging feeling that I overstepped my boundaries.

I peeked at him while I started washing the dishes.

There was a light blush growing on Jotaro's face, but his expression didn't change.