Who Is He

We continued our daily life together. I kept watch for Jotaro while he actually does some marine biologist work. For someone who doesn't remember his life before the incident, he knew so much about the subject. Going back to work was an option, but being with Jotaro was another. He encouraged me to go back to work because he didn't need to be 'babysat'. So I would leave in the morning and come back by early evening. Sometimes I would work along side Jotaro without having to leave to go to the workplace.

As to his memories, he didn't really gain any more old ones. He only barely remembered the relationship rather than the person just like with his daughter, Polnareff and his mother.  He used his pictures and other old memorabilia to see anything he should know.

During the next week, we decided to get the papers sign. I was finally a Kujo. He said something about wanting my last name, but I was against it.

Soon Jolyne was staying for the week again. Turned out she signed up for college. I felt so proud of her for moving forward in life after all she has been through. As to what happened with Emporio and Hermes, I had no idea. They were two souls who had no remaining blood relatives.

About a few mornings later, Jotaro woke up with a start. I felt him jerk awake in my arms.

It wasn't time for me to wake up. In fact, it was a few hours too early. "Are you okay?" I mumbled groggily from being woken up suddenly.

His body rose and fell as he tried to catch his breath. I could barely see his face in the dimness of the early morning. He was facing me. His brow was furrowed. "I'm... I don't understand." He pulled himself from my arms as he sat up. He got out of bed and staggered to the doorway.

"Hun?" I sat up. I stayed there a few seconds before getting out of bed and following him.

I followed Jotaro up the hallway to his office.

He went to the closet on the left. He pulled out a small box. He looked perturbed by the box's presence. He took a shaky breath before opening it and revealing what was inside.

"What is that?" I didn't have a clear view of what was inside.

He pulled out the object.

It was a cherry earring.

If I could remember correctly, Kakyoin was the one who wore that earring. I remembered seeing it in that picture Jotaro always kept with him. I already told Jotaro that Kakyoin was deceased. He got confirmation from Polnareff that he died after being overpowered by the enemy. Oh no...

I asked gently, "What's going through your mind?"

Jotaro gulped, "Is... who's this?" He couldn't remember, and it was making him uneasy. "W-why... I can't remember." It has been a while since his anxiety spiked due to a pass memory that he couldn't remember.

"How about we sit down?" I reached to his shoulder and gently placed my hand on him. "Come on."

Wordlessly, he followed me to his chair at the desk. He sat down.

"Alright," I said. I started massaging his shoulders. "Let's look at some pictures. Maybe we can understand everything."

He nodded. He was so tense. He grabbed one of my hands and squeezed softly. He said quietly, "Thank you." Then he placed it to my side. He opened the picture book that was always on the side of his desk.

He quickly thumbed through the pages until he stopped to the one with a few pictures from the trip to Egypt. His finger stopped to Kakyoin.

"Him," he whispered. "It was him. Wasn't he in Morioh? Why is there no pictures of him..."

"Jotaro, he lost his life back in Egypt," I clarified.

"What? But I just saw..." His voice trailed off into silence. Gears were turning in his head.

Just what did he dream about?

"What was his name again?"

I answered, "Noriaki Kakyoin."

Jotaro's jaw clinched. He looked to the side. "It feels like there was something I should've remembered." He took a deep breath. "But Polnareff told me that his death was not my fault. Why do I feel like he was with me in Morioh. Something isn't right. What's going on?"

"Take your time," I soothed. "You got nothing but time. Alright, hun?"

He needed some time to think it through. Something was confusing him. As far as we knew, Kakyoin died back in Egypt when he was 17. For some reason, he believed that Kakyoin was in Morioh with him.

"Hey," I called. "How about we go to Morioh after couple of days? Jolyne will be going home, and we can maybe search for answers." Going to Moroh was one of the places I planned to visit with Jotaro to help with healing. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

Jotaro nodded.

Alright then. To Morioh, we'll go.

And to Morioh, we did go...

We were on the ship arriving to Morioh. Of course, I called ahead of time to make Jotaro's situation known to Josuke. He was initially suspicious when I first called, but I told him the time we were arriving, so he could be ready. Why not? It wasn't like we going attack. If Jotaro trusted the kid, so could I. ... well, he wasn't a kid anymore.

Jotaro wanted to go to the ship's edge to see before him as we reached the docks. I stood beside him as I saw basically another world drift closer to us. He held his hand over to me.

I grabbed his hand.

He whispered, "I'm..." He squeezed my hand. He scooted close to me. He didn't leave much space between us. His other hand gripped the rail.

He was nervous.

I stood on my tiptoes and placed a kiss on his cheek. "It's okay. We got this."

From where we are, I could see a man with two other men. One was a bit short with white hair. That was Koichi. The other with a slight tan was Okuyasu. The other one had a pompadour... in the year 2012. Of course, that was Josuke.

I pointed them out. "You've met them before."

Jotaro squinted.

I guess he would have to be up close to see if it triggers any memories.

Let's see what happens.