Welcome

After the boat docked, Jotaro and I walked down the stairs.

The group of three came over to us.

Josuke stepped up and greeted, "Jotaro. It's been a while. I mean..." He looked at me. "Were you the one to talk to me on the phone."

I nodded, "Yes."

He laughed sheepishly, "Sorry about being a little overbearing."

"No no!" I said. "You have the right to be suspicious of a random person calling you like that."

Koichi asked, "So he really..." He looked up at Jotaro with a expression of pity.

Jotaro stared at him back. His brow furrowed.

I tugged his hand to get his attention.

"Hm?" He didn't look away from Koichi. His stare was getting so intense that it was turning into a glare .

"Hun," I whispered. "What's up?"

Koichi took a step back and laughed nervously. "So he really doesn't remember anything?"

"Yeah," I answered. "He only had some pictures to go off of."

"Oi!" Okuyasu piped up. "So are you his bae or something?!"

"Okuyasu!" Koichi shrilled.

"Well..." I said hesitantly. "Yeah." I held my hand up showing my ring.

"Um," Koichi said even more nervous than before.

Jotaro was still staring at him.

"Jotaro," I elbowed him in the side softly. "What is up with you?"

Finally, his attention turned to me. He pointed at Koichi. "Kakyoin?"

What?

"No," I corrected. "That's Koichi." Then I pointed to Josuke. "This is Josuke." Then I pointed to Okuyasu. "And Okuyasu."

Jotaro laid off of staring at Koichi.

Josuke said carefully, "Hi, I'm Josuke. Well, they already told you. I'm your uncle!"

"Right," Jotaro said. "My grandfather told me about you. You're his son..."

"Yep."

"That's so bizarre."

I said, "How about we go somewhere to get a bite to eat? I'm sure your hungry." I looked to Jotaro for confirmation.

He nodded.

I asked, "So where's a good place to get something to eat?"

And we were off to get something delicious to eat. We ended up at an outdoor cafe.

Okuyasu went ahead home as he had to feed his cat and take care of his father. Before leaving he said with all honesty, "I was here to be back up my buddy, Josuke, but since it seems everything is under control, I'm gonna go ahead and head out. See you later!" There was something wholesome about this guy.

So we were left with Koichi and Josuke.

Josuke asked, "So what brought you guys here?"

I answered, "Since Jotaro lost his memories, I thought it would be nice to meet his family all over again and jog some memories." And put him at ease, but I wasn't going to blurt his business out like that.

"Ah," he said. "To be honest, it's been a long time since you came here, Jotaro. I can tell you about how we met and stuff. How about that?"

Jotaro nodded, "That doesn't sound too bad."

I shrugged. I had no idea how they met, nor do I know about most of what happened, so this was great suggestion. There were a lot of things I missed. Maybe hearing Josuke's side would be better than Jotaro's gloomy side.

Josuke told us about how they met. It was bad when Josuke was 16. Then he moved to the topic of finding the arrow and how they spent the summer trying to secure it. They had to deal with a lot, but the problem was solved, and there hasn't been a problem since.

After all of that, it would put Jotaro at ease.

Well, I thought so.

"Um," Josuke said awkwardly.

Behind Jotaro was Star Platinum. His stand was glancing around on alert, but Jotaro appeared calm as ever. In fact, Jotaro seemed quite attentive to Josuke and Koichi.

"Star Platinum is out," Koichi wavered.

"What is?" Jotaro said confused.

Star Platinum has came out multiple times, but it has never occurred to me that he wasn't aware! Nor did I not take into consideration that he would not remember Star Platinum!

"Um," Josuke said, trying to be polite. "Are you okay?"

I reached under the table to gently grab Jotaro's hand.

He looked at me.

I was able to see it.

He may have such a closed off expression, but there were small things that was showing that he was on edge. He was sweating a bit more than usual. His breaths were a bit deeper. His jaw was clenched.

I suggested, "The journey was probably a bit much. I'm tired myself. How about we see you guys later?"

Josuke said, "Yeah. It doesn't sound that bad at all."

I glanced at Jotaro's stand.

He was still looking around us.

I manifested my stand.

Josuke and Koichi gasped at the sight of my stand. It was warranted since I never told them of my stand.

My stand came to his and wrap their arms around Star's shoulders. It was more of a comforting embrace.

Star seemed to calm down. He disappeared, so I made my stand do the same.

I stood up and said, "Thanks for telling us all of this. Next time, we should talk more."

Jotaro and I left to go to Morioh Grand hotel. Just as we arrived and sat our bags down, Jotaro slumped down on the couch. He seemed to be out of breath.

Maybe going out immediately on arrival was not a good idea.

I sat down on the other side of the couch.

Just then, I recognized how we were sitting. It was just like the day I met him. He was on one side of the couch as he drunk, and I watched out for him.

Now here we are.

And doesn't even remember.

I glanced at him. He was in worse shape than I thought. "Hun, I called."

Jotaro looked at me partially hiding under his hat.

I pat my lap.

He just stared at me.

I reached for his head and guided him down to lay on my lap.

Jotaro tensed for a second. Then he slowly relaxed. He closed his eyes as I caressed his cheek. He placed a hand on my knee and exhaled.

I didn't recognized that his anxiety could take so much out of him. I said quietly, "You did quite well today. We will see them again."

A slight smile grew on his face. The smile disappeared as his breathing slowed. A little snore escaped his lips.

Jotaro has fallen alseep.