Packing

Jotaro came over to me while I was watching television in the living room. He called my name as if he was trying to restrain himself. He looked as cool and collected as usual, but he had those little signs of excitement. His breaths were faster, and his hands were fidgeting.

I asked giving my attention to him, "What got you so excited?" Despite not knowing what it was, I felt excited for him.

He sat down beside me and said, "There is some work up in New York to do some research on marine life for a month." He was excited. "The Speedwagon Foundation will be involved, so we can work together... if you want, of course." He looked at me to see how I would react.

"Sounds like you look forward to it," I observed.

He nodded.

"I will look forward to this as well," I said. "Let's do it."

He exhaled. It was a calm one, but it was filled with relief and excitement. He was looking forward to this. He got to do what he loved and with the one he loved.

There was so much for us to do during our life together.

He placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in close. His cheek rested on my temple.

I could feel a smile grow on his face. It made me smile. I placed my hand on his thigh as I said, "So how long until then?"

He answered, "Next week."

"I guess we should get packing and arrange some things."

He nodded, "I've got a lot of things covered. Where we were staying, when Jolyne can visit and when we can visit my family."

"Oh," I said surprised. "You just knew I was going to say yes."

He rocked me gently and said, "I was just prepared. If you said no, then I would not go."

"Really?" I said. "I would hate for you to miss something you wanted just because of me in the first place. I'm just happy to spend time with you and have a change of scenery."

"Great," he said tightening his hold on me. He gave me a kiss where his lips could reach at my temple. He slowed down his rocking. "I even looked into where we could stay at the nearby hotels, so we could be alone."

"Wow, you really thought it through."

"Yeah," he said. "I didn't want to isolate myself from everyone. My therapist said that this approach when going after something I want, is good for my recovery." Then he added with a mutter, "Though I may never get all of my memories back."

"Does that worry you?"

He asked, "What do you mean?"

I clarified, "Does not getting all your memories back worry you?"

He inhaled through his nose before answering. "It does. I feel like I could miss something important I forgot about. But even if I don't have most of my memories, my interactions and actions, can sometimes feel natural. Even though I didn't remember much about my own mother, it felt like I was catching up. Either way, it felt like something was missing."

"That sound like quite a bit to take in."

He nodded. "Thankfully, the sessions with the therapist is paying off. It's making everything smoother."

I said, "You're even more touchy than usual." I gestured to his arm around me shoulders.

He was usually not the type to make the initial move or even go out of his way to touch someone. I was the one who ask. That's how we ended up in the relationship in the first place. I figured the reason he didn't make the first move was because he didn't want to get close to anyone in the first place. I was the type to push and push using the situation to my advantage, so it worked out. But now, he was doing something he wanted from his own volition.

I rubbed my hand that was on his thigh. "You are making some strides, and I'm proud of you for that."

He grabbed my hand that was on his leg and said, "Thank you." He moved my hand away from him and pulled his hat down. It casted a shadow over his eyes, but it did not cover the blush that appeared on his face.

"You don't like me touching your leg? I'll stop if it bothers you."

"No, that's not it," he said, clearing his throat. "Just a little less pressure." He averted his eyes. "When you touch there."

"Oh," I said. I could only assume he was telling me he rather not have me touch him there because it was sore. "Okay. Only when I make you mine?"

"Yes," he answered.

Oooooh. "Gotcha." Well, I know which spots to attack later tonight. "So I guess we should get packing now."

He nodded.

The next hour was spent with up packing and making a list for our month long trip. I was sitting on the floor when I sat down my list while Jotaro was digging through his dresser.

I asked, "Is there anything else that we may need?"

He suggested, "How about my collar?"

"Oh right!" I said. "We should totally take our private nights to our advantage."

He went to the bed and pulled his ar from under his pillow. He tossed the collar to the bag that was in front of me. It fell right inside. He left the room.

Five seconds later, Jotaro came back in. He was holding ropes and some other tools.

I laughed, "We might just need another bag."

He stared at me from the doorway as if I was challenging him. It was like he was asking, 'Is that a challange?'

Maybe we just might need another bag. I asked, "What kind of hotel are we going to? Are the walls thin?"

He said, "I can reserve the rooms around us so there won't be."

I stared at him thinking, that was not a bad idea. I said, "Alright. Another bag, it is." Sometimes I forgot we have money to spare.

Jotaro disappeared before my eyes and appeared beside me with a duffle bag. The tools were already in the bag. He said, "Alright. We are prepared." He sat down beside me.

A smile twitched on his lips.

I asked, "So what else should we do, because I know the aquarium and the beach is one of the things you want to go to."

He shrugged, "I don't know. Is there anything you are interested in?"

I thought for second. I named a few things that came to mind. There were a few things I was interested in.

He nodded, "Okay. That's a plan." He reached for my hand. When he grabbed it, his fingers intertwined with mine. In that grip, I felt love and hope for the future.

I remembered how stressed his was before the Pucci incident. He knew too much and it weighed him down. His lack of memories did something similar. Now he was healing and getting through it. The future may be uncertain and his past may be uncertain as well, but we had each other to lean on.

I mean, what more could I ask for?
...
...
...
Only got one more chapter in me