Chapter Four - Charges

-Breanne-

It had been a week since my late night walk about and I now made my way into the throne room. The crowd that had gathered parted as I entered and they gave they respective greeting and I sat down. Everyone fell silent as they waited for me to speak.

"Let's not drag this out, bring her in." I declared then gave my family a apprehensive look. Mal was escorted in and halted in front of me.

"Lady Mal, daughter of Maleficent, you have been remanded in custody for endangerment of life to the people." I state

"As if taking the crown wasn't enough your trying to imprison me as well. How scared are you, Breanne." she sneered at me. I saw Harry step forward, I cleared my throat and he looked towards me. I shook my head and he stepped back.

"Mal this isn't for imprisonment. The people want your head, literally." I state and her shoulders sagged "They are convinced that you still pose a threat to the life of the people and a trial will be held to determine the likeliness of that. If you are deemed a threat, I have been called upon to eliminate it." I stated clearly

"You can't be serious."

"Believe me, Mal. This is of your doing, not mine. You will be held at my pleasure till a date can be set for a trial. Take her away." I respond, she is taken away and I rub my head. This wasn't the end of the matter though.

"Your Majesty, there is the other matter to attend to." Alfred stated stepping forward slightly.

"I know. I know." I sigh and straightened myself "Prince Benjamin of Auradon, step forward." The court muttered as my brother looked confused. He did so and stepped in from of me.

"You are brought up on the same charges as Mal, to those charges the charge of attempted manslaughter to a member of the Royal Family, you will be put under house detainment in a manor just outside of the city till the trial." I delivered the news and his face dropped

"Bree, you can't do this, I'm your brother! You already took my throne, now you want to take my life!" he yelled

"You think I want this!" i screamed standing up from my throne "You think I take enjoyment, unlike you I still care that your my twin, I'm trying to show you more mercy than what you showed me, when you pumped me full of drugs to suppress my powers almost killing me, you abused your position of power on me and this is the consequence." I stepped down to square up with him.

"If Celia and Audrey hadn't saved me you would have been attending my funeral instead of my coronation, you chose that girl over you own blood. Over and over again you chose her and you think that's okay? It's not. The people are not letting this go lightly." I looked to the guards. "Take him away." Ben was hauled away and I sat back down. Tears began to shed and I wiped them away quickly.

"Breanne, he's your brother." Mom protested.

"He almost killed your daughter, and you let him." Granny interjected glowering at her "Most of you stood by and let him, you should be grateful that you are not being put on trial with him. Benjamin failed as a brother and as a King."

"Not forgetting, it's not completely Breanne's choice. After taking the throne she was going to let it go, but the people are angry. The more they learn the more they're want their heads. We've been trying to stem the leak of information but people are finding out what Ben did." Harry added

"Enough!" I call silencing them all and turn my attention to my mother "He is my brother and I love him but I refuse to not listen to the people. The information is out there, this is how they want me to respond and right now I cannot be weak, I cannot fault and I cannot fail. The subject is closed." I stormed out of the throne room

-3rd Person-

Adam and Belle visited Ben the following week . He was restless being trapped in the manor and not being able to go about his business.

"How can she do this to me? I'm her brother!" he vented towards his parents

"Same could be said for you." Adam commented as he was sitting with one leg crossed over the other and his top leg rocking back and forth in irritation at his son's selfishness.

"Adam" Belle scolded

"What? It's true, we messed up and now we, more specifically you are being called out on it. My advice, get a grip and own up to it. The more you fight the worse it will be." There was silence in the room for a while.

"Is there any news on when the trial will be?" Ben questioned staring out of the window, the place was surrounded by the new Royal Guard that had been set up.

"They're saying it will be after the birthday celebrations." Belle answered "Not that I hear much these days." Belle glanced at her husband. In the past week Bree had closed ranks, despite being her mother, Belle was no longer privy to most conversations and information. The family had become fractured in the past year and it was now coming to taking sides.