Chapter Sixteen - Pressure

-Breanne-

The pressure was on, our wedding was dubbed the wedding of the century and we hadn't even started planning it yet. Well that wouldn't before long, Mom and Audrey were on the case and now they sat across from me.

"Have you thought of a date yet?" Mom asked me.

"We just got engaged last week, Mom." I drawled loving over some court documents and signing off on some stuff.

"Seriously it's the wedding of our generation. How can you not be constantly thinking about it." Audrey rolled her eyes. I stop what i was doing to look up at them properly.

"I'm also a reigning Queen. But you know what how about we pick this up tomorrow with Harry here at least for the setting the date. But right now i need to get these papers finished for this evening." the two looked at each other but nodded and left me too it.

I buried myself in work when Harry joined me and kissed my head. I glanced up at him giving him a smile.

"Audrey said you were glued to your seat, Sassanach." he sat on my desk

"Well I need to get through all of this so I can focus on planning and then once the planning is done, I can then catch up on work. Besides like i said to them. We've only been engaged a week." I explained

"Yeah but we both know they won't relent so can't you do both on different days. The work will still be there it always is." he suggested and I shrugged my shoulders

"I know it's just i want to enjoy it, with you of course. Don't think you're getting out of too much of the planning" I pointed to him. Harry grinned before pulling me up and into his arms. I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck. Yet the moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. We groaned in annoyance.

"Yes!" I called and the door opened and in stepped my brother. "Ben."

"Hi. I was hoping that we could spend some time together." He stated and I looked towards Harry.

"Actually we were just about to discuss the wedding, so much to do. Maybe some other time." I noticed that his shoulders sagged lightly.

"Of course. Maybe some other time" he left and Harry gave me that look of a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

"Don't give me that look." I pull away and go to look out of the window.

"What I don't get, Sassanach. Is that you won. He's not marrying Mal and there is no way he will ever succeed you. The future and the people are safe." he comes over placing his hands on my shoulders

"It's not just that." I felt the tears rise up "Ever since I can remember, it was always us two against the world. I was always on his side even when others weren't, even when he said some mad things. Though one of them I don't regret. Yet when I needed him the most he wasn't there. He abandoned me and I can't I won't let it happen again. I don't think I could face him breaking my heart again." he turned me around and wiped away my tears. There were no words exchanged as he comforted me.