CHAPTER 2

AN IMPORTANT EXTRA.

CHAPTER 2, THE KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON WHAT.

"My poor son, I heard you made a mess while I was busy." A lady with dark brown hair sat, cradling the small boy in her arms.

She was a beautiful woman. Sunbathing in the light, her brown eyes turning a light hazel from the sunlight while her brown hair shone an even brighter shade of brown.

The gentle look in her eyes allowed the embarrassed infant to calm down.

'She reminds me of mom... I miss her.' Maybe it was because he was a newborn, but he felt his eyes water quite quickly.

"Little moon, please do not cry." She smiled down at the smaller, caressing the infant's cheek.

A hand suddenly appeared, patting his head gently.

"My wife is always fast at appearing by our sons' side when these situations happen." The male leaned forward, placing a feathery kiss on her forehead.

"I missed our little moon. Do you know how hard it was for me to focus on work knowing that I hadn't seen him in forever?" She whined to her husband, who had a soft smile plastered on his face.

For a middle-aged man, he sure ages well. Both he and his wife were a beautiful pair.

From his father, who had pitch-black hair that symbolized the night sky matched with two dark brown eyes like his wife's, yet even in the sunlight, almost showed a close shade to black.

His name is Mikhael Bottclair.

He was a Grand Duke well-known in the capital as the Emperor's sword.

At first glance, the  Grand Duke seemed like the scary man, but he isn't. At least those he does not acquaintances himself with. He is exceptionally soft with his wife and now newborn son.

His wife's name is Louise Bottclair.

The Grand Duchess and wife of Mikhael Bottclair.

She was the definition of literal sunshine. Though she is kind and gentle, she has her short side. Both she and her husband were a terrifying couple to cross when it came out of work.

Then that leaves their son, Sage Bottclair. His name sounded just like 'stage' without the 't.'

When he first heard his name, he was shocked nonetheless. He was not used to his foreign name.

He wasn't used to the world yet, either. He had just accepted it to please, so he did not lose his mind and become crazy.

It was helping.

"And did you think it was easy for me not to drop all my work to rush over to my two favorite people in the entire world?" Mikhael had mimicked his wife's tone softly as he pulled a chair up in front of her.

Louise just laughed falsely, squinting her eyes at her husband.

"Haha, very funny. I do not sound like that."

"Oh, I am just kidding, my love. You sound like a lovely angel."

'Oh, for crying out loud, get a room.' As if Mikhael had heard his cry, his eyes locked with Sages' eyes before the younger looked away quickly.

'Crap, I was looking at him for too long. Make it natural and look away.' His inner self was sweating as his lips stayed tightly locked together.

Diverting his eyes, he looked like he suddenly became interested in the ceiling.

'Holy crap, was that chandelier always that huge?' And are those diamonds on it?'

"I have to head into the palace now. A sudden attack on the city's outskirts left a few of our mercenary badly wounded while they were heading out." Sage's father ran his hand through his hair, creating a lazy, slicked-back look.

'...If this were a book, this man would have many fans.' Sage made a slight baby noise as he wiggled around in his mother's arms.

His mother adjusted him gently before shifting her gaze towards her husband.

"Yes. Even though His Highness has a competent right-hand man such as the knight of the crimson blood that he could send, he chose to bring you in to deal with this matter. He knows you just had a son, yet he is eager to push work onto you." This was the first time he had ever seen Louise so upset. It had always been her giving smiles and kind words of encouragement.

If she was angry or upset, she never showed it; her calm composure when that happened scared many nobles.

He guessed Mikhael wasn't exactly pleased about the situation either.

'The knight of the crimson what?.. do they also have someone like him in this world?' The baby thought silently.

"Sir Felix is a very skilled man that would probably be capable of handling this situation by himself, but his highness chose me. I am Second in Command of the Imperial Knights, after all." Mikhael stood up from his heat, taking a step towards his distressed wife.

'Huh?'

His father leaned down to place one last peck on his wife's forehead before kissing his son's forehead.

"I will be back before you know it, my love. Don't work about the work and keep our son company. You need a break." Louise let a small smile breakthrough and nodded at him.

"Okay, I will. Come back quickly, my husband." Mikhael smiled softly at the pair before heading towards the exit.

Once he was gone, Louise looked down at her son and giggled.

"Your father will be very busy, so please do not hate him for suddenly disappearing once you grow up. He loves you so." She was rambling, but Sage could not focus on any word flowing out of her mouth.

'Please tell me he did not say, Felix.' His eyes averted from the ceiling towards Louise.

"Emperor Claude has good intentions, I suppose. Though he may be a tyrant, he does a lot for his country." Louise had no idea what her words were doing to her poor child.

His mind was spinning like a rinse cycle, trying to comprehend what his mother had just said.

His inner voice squeaked.

'Emperor Claude?'