CHAPTER 13

"Wow, Sage is very smart!"

Athy leaned over in her seat, glancing over at the boys' work with awe.

'He is already at this level? at his age? I just barely caught up to this grade.' She thought to herself as Sage scratched his neck in embarrassment.

"I did have good tutors, I heard the princess learned this all on her-" He stopped himself as he noticed the angry pout directed at him.

"Is- is there something the matter, Princess?"

"I told you to call me Athy!"

Surprised, he stared as he found himself lost for words.

"I- I cannot do that-" He started only to be cut off by her tiny hand shoved in his face.

"Yes, Athy gives you permission!" With a sigh, he glances over at the doorway mentally signaling for Carson to walk in and change the subject.

When nothing happened, he turned to Athy who only gazed him a stern gaze back.

"...Alright, Athy." Athy let out a happy squeal, side hugging him.

Sage's face only paled slightly as he gazed off outside the window.

'Jesus, you seem to enjoy making me suffer.'

IMPORTANT EXTRA.
CHAPTER 13, LOVER BOY.

"Athy this isn't right!"

"It's okay Sage, they won't know if you stop yelling."

How did he end up in this situation? He has no idea but never had he imagined hiding from the imperial guards, by imperial he meant Felix, with Athy who had thought of a brilliant idea of sneaking out during studying.

'Is this how Carson felt whenever I snuck out? Damnit, I'll make it up to you Carson!'

Sage and Athy were currently sitting by the lake where Athy had drowned.

"Why are we even here? As much as I hate studying, I'd rather do that." The boy complains.

Athy only replies with a hand on his face.

"I wanted to show sage something in case papa takes Athy out in the lake again with sage this time." She then pointed over to the blue lotus-like flower sitting in the middle of the lake.

"Do you see that there?" Sage glances at it before raising an eyebrow or at least trying to as his baby nerve system seemed to be failing him.

"I do."

"Do not try and grab them, no matter what!" The blonde-haired girl exclaimed loudly.

"Do you understand Sage? No matter how pretty or beautiful.... they are." Her voice drifted off as she started to lean forward to touch it.

'I thought she learned her lesson?' Before she could lean in further, the black-haired boy gripped the back of her dress and pulled her back.

"Athy, you just said not to touch it," Sage complained as she only blinked in disbelief before standing up and moving away from the lake.

"Athy was just giving Sage an example of what not to do!" She protested, in embarrassment.

Sage only shook his head as he stood up and patted her head.