CHAPTER 4

AN IMPORTANT EXTRA.

CHAPTER 4, FATHERS' GENES. 

"Carson! Where are you?" A five-year-old boy called out.

The little boy had been walking around the gardens looking for his personal butler who had managed to escape from the little game they were playing.

"He always does this whenever we play together yet he is the one to always suggest to play." Sage had finally turned five a few months ago. He had certainly grown into a cute child, an exact copy of his father or as his mother loves to gush about.

A sudden rustle came beside the boy. Glancing off in that direction, the leaves of the tree shook though there was no wind.

Frowning, he took a step closer before looking up.

There, he had made eye contact with a grey-eyed butler.

"...Carson?"

A guilty smile appeared on his lips, "You found me young master."

"What are you doing in the tree?" The boy crossed his arms as he stared up at the man who was originally suppose to be finding him., not the other way around.

"Uh, I saw a squirrel and thought it would be nice for you to pet it?" Suspicious. The younger only raised an eyebrow.

"So you decided to follow it up the tree to try and retrieve it." Carson nodded his head frantically.

"That is correct young mas-" Before the butler could finish his sentence another voice joined in.

"I see your son still has the habit of picking gashin berries from our trees." Both heads turn, seeing Sage's father and Carsons' father walking up to them.

Mikhael had definitely grown more define, the tall male had always been handsome but over the last five years his features became more refined as he became older. A grey hair was still yet to be found.

"My lord! Oomph!-" A thump was heard from behind the younger as he found Carson now lying on the grass with berries surrounding him.

Carsons' father, Grayham, shook his head though the smile on his face reminded.

"Yes. Well it was you who always fed him those berries even after I told how expensive they were." Grayham scolded Mikhael, who shrugged his shoulders.

"He enjoyed them so why not let him eat them." Carson stood up embarrassed by being caught.

Mikhael walked closer to his son, picking him up with a smile on his face. "And how is my son doing?"

In his eyes, his son was a genius. His wife or he had always caught their son in the study room, reading books no child could understand. At first when Louise had caught him at the age of 3, they both thought their son showed an interest in books and did not understand the hard book he had chosen.

But Sage had quickly proven them wrong.

They had hired a tutor when he turned four, to each him all the basics needed for a child his age but it did not take long for his tutor to run to his parents, completely shocked with the discovery he has made about the young master.

Now, at the age of five Sage is taking classes that normally 13 - 15 year old noble kids could only understand.

'That is my fault. I was only teasing my tutor by answering some questions, I didn't realize they were for the older kids he was tutoring.' The younger had sheepishly admitted to himself.

"I am fine. Where did papa and Grayham come from?" The boy questioned as he handed the book to Carson, who had received a light knock on the head from his dad.

"I was in my office when I noticed you roaming around by yourself in the garden so Grayham suggested I take a break to come down and see you," Mikhael stated.

"Ah, taking breaks is good. You can't work a lot." Sage replied as he wrapped his arms around his father's neck, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Yes, you are absolutely right. Your mother will be back later, she has just went out as she was invited to have tea with Countess Bloomstone." Sage nods, indicating that he got what his father said.

"Should mother be going out right now? What if something happens to her?" Sage watched as Carson happily chewed on his berries, he had hand-picked from the tree as Grayham watched him with a smile on his face.

"Your mother has been carrying your sibling for only a month now, she'll rest when she starts getting tired easily." Mikhael had responded as he started moving back towards the garden.

Louise had found out she was pregnant a month ago when she started to get morning sickness and found out she couldn't stand the sight of her favorite food.

She wasn't all too pleased she had to give up her sweets but she was happy after finding out that Sage was going to have a sibling.

Mikhael, on the other hand, had nearly burst into tears. For a man who had rumors' about how much of a cold-blooded killer he was, he sure had moments where tears had almost burst out of his eyeballs.

Sage was also happy. Even though it had been 5 years since he came into this world, not once has he never missed his family. His mother, father and sister had all seen him that day, leave the house with a bright smile not knowing that their son wasn't going to come back.

How much he regrets putting his family through the pain of losing their son and brother, he wished that he could at least go back for a few seconds to let them know how much he loves them.

"Mm, I guess it is fine then. Papa should rub mommas feet when she gets home. Grayham told me carrying my little sister is hard work." Although Sage wouldn't mind, he was really hoping for a sister and he knew the Grand Duke wanted a girl too.

Mikhael shot a quick glance at Grayham who allowed his eyes to look over the flowers in the garden.

"Did he now. Well, I will make sure to give your mother special treatment once she arrives." Sage visibly cringes, now he felt like teasing the man.

"Father, why does you voice sound like that?" He asked innocently as he pushed himself up to look at his dad.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Clearly flustered by the sudden question, Mikhael's face suddenly turned bright red.

"You sounded like you were going to hurt momma." The boy had managed to work his puppy dog eyes while his tiny hands had squished the older male's cheeks together.

"Mhaf? I wood nefer*." His words had come out muffled from his cheeks being squished together. *What? I would never.*

"Good, momma needs to rest. My baby sister needs to come to play with me soon so I can protect her!" Sage exclaimed childishly.

He mentally sighed, 'It's hard living the life of a baby.'

"It seems we both wish for you to have a little sister but yes, I will make sure she gets some rest once she returns."  Mikhael had replied once his son had removed his hands.

With one last smile, they silently took in the garden before heading inside preparing for dinner while they waited for Louise to arrive.