CHAPTER 3

'Did she really say his name?'

His mouth was left agape. His once squinting eyes were now fully blown saucers.

An estranged noise left his lips as he squirmed around. Louise looked down at him and smiled.

"What's wrong? Do you not like hearing about the emperor?" Her eyes were scanning her son's face, mesmerized by how much he looked like her husband.

'Of course not! I love him but damnit I never intended to be stuck in a world with him in it.' The boy was internally screaming. He finally understood what that weird dream was about.

It was the exact same dream Athanasia had before waking up as a baby.

But why did the dream suddenly show up months after?

Was it because he had no idea where he was and the Gods were just giving him a hint?

Or was it a warning?

How was he supposed to know?

'No, this works out better. I don't have to worry about dying or meeting any characters because who I am doesn't even exist in the book! Yeah! I can just live this life peacefully.' He stopped moving around and calmed down.

'Wait... if I don't show up in the book, then that means Mikhael doesn't either. So why is he being summoned all of a sudden?' The panic slowly started to arise.

'No, it's okay. Just because Mikhael is the leader of the Imperial Knights, doesn't mean he is important. He wasn't even in the story so of course, we won't be involved.' His inner-self was going through it.

"As much as he cannot deny a command of the emperor, your father agreed as it was a request from his family," Louise stated as her free hand, reached up and elegantly swept a piece of her unkempt hair behind her ear.

'F-family? Mikhael and Claude? family? But the novel nor manhwa mentioned any of Claude's family except for Anastacius and his mother!' If Sage wasn't freaking out before, he sure was freaking out now. The younger was now full-on squirming.

"Oh, are you feeling a bit bored now? Here, you can hold this." She gave her son a rattle with gold designed covering it.

'Woah, how much is this worth? It looks like I could live off of this alone.' The black-haired baby eyes glazed over with shock as he tried figuring out the price.

'Wait. That isn't important right now. Let's see... how did the manhwa go?'

In his past life, he was a fan of the manhwa, 'Who Made Me a Princess'. A South Korean woman who got reincarnated into the mistreated princess in the novel Lovely Princess, was originally supposed to get executed by her father as he had accused her of poisoning the main character, Jennette Margarita, her cousin.

In the end, she does get her happy ending. The former emperor that possessed Anastacius gets defeated by Lucas and Anastacius is sentenced to be hung but here is the catch.

'I reincarnated before the whole manhwa ended so I technically don't know if they actually hung him.' another whine erupted as he accidentally hit his forehead with the rattle as he had tried waving his small arm around.

"Be careful Sage, don't hurt yourself." Louise rubbed his forehead softly after moving the rattle away.

AN IMPORTANT EXTRA.

CHAPTER 3, LOVE AND HATE.

Sage was staring at the mobile hanging above his crib as he got lost in thought. The black-haired boy had no way to wrap his head around this situation.

'I know that the manhwa was about to end and Athy gets her happy ending but I wanted to see the last chapters. I don't want to witness it in real life. And even so, I have to wait 15 years before the whole mana explosion happens and Claude loses his memories.' Sage was in complete denial.

As he was happy reincarnating into his favorite manhwa, he wasn't sure if his existence had changed the way the manhwa ends.

'It's not like I am not happy, I just have a love and hate relationship with this story.' The infant let out a frustrated gurgle. 'Darn these infantile gums with no teeth attached to them.'

He had every right to be suspicious, not only was he reincarnated into this world, Mikhael who was never mentioned in the novel just happens to be on friendly terms with Claude. It didn't make sense.

'Maybe I could get Mikhael and Louise to move.. a different empire that still has good connections with Obelian is a smart choice. Either way, I want nothing to do with the battle that goes down when Claude loses his memories but it looks like it's unavoidable now.' His train of thoughts broke when he heard a creak.

Carson, the son of butler Sora who was assigned to take care of him, walked in after announcing himself.

"Good evening young master, it is time for your bath." Sage was lifted up carefully by the butler before they made their way to the freshly warm baby bath.

'Did the maids place it in here while I was out of it?' The young boy spent the next ten minutes getting bathed carefully and getting new pajamas on.

'I swear I've been here for a while but I have always put on new clothes. Not even in my past life did I live this wealthy.' Sage was placed on the floor, on a neatly folded blanket Carson had laid out.

Carson was directly kneeling beside the infant, picking a book up. "Now, shall I begin with your bedtime story young master?" words began to flow from his lips as his gray eyes traced each word of the story.

'Now that I think about it, Carson is a very handsome individual. He has just come of age recently. No doubt he already has some of the maids eyeing him out.' Sages' eyes dragged down to Carson's hair which sat just by his waist. As the sun was just setting, the golden rays reflected on the butler's red hair, giving a glow to it.

Sage felt himself growing more tired as he listened to the boy speak, 'Is this how babies feel when listen to us ramble on about a story?'

Before he could even process his thoughts, his gaze finally darkened and he was met with silence.