CHAPTER 6

Silence eloped the surroundings around them. Sage was sitting in the room with Mikhael and Louise.

After back to a deadly hug and an earful of lectures from Louise, they had gone into their family room.

All three were sitting in silence after Mikhael had explained the reasoning behind Sage's disappearance.

Louise, who couldn't help but frown, was clearly worried about how quickly her son had grown curious about her husband's family.

"Son." Mikhaels voice bounced off of the walls. His tone of voice had managed to make the younger stiffen.

The boy cleared his throat, "Yes father?"

"..Go wash up and head to bed, I will tell the servants to bring you your dinner."

With a slight pause, Sage nodded with slight hesitation. "Yes, father."

Louise had called out for a servant and Madison had come in, excusing herself before quickly leading Sage out.

After the door closed the boy stopped.

"Young master-" the boy held up his small hand.

"Hush, I won't take long." Sage leaned against the door, head tilting slightly to hear his parent's conversation properly.

"Mikhael, I don't think explaining this to a child-like himself is a good idea." Louise was trying to reason with him.

'She has a point. I am originally 17 but you don't need to know that.' The boy had thought quietly.

"I know it isn't but I am a coward. I would rather see him sad for a while than let him forget about it gradually. As you said, he is a child." Sage could practically see the steam smoking out of Louise's ears.

"Yes, a child. He is also a lot smarter for his age and has matured much more than any nobles in the empire. You don't think this is something he'd remember?" Her voice had slowly risen.

'Wow, I've never heard her sound so upset before.' It certainly was a rare sight to see as Louise had always been a calm and collected type of person.

Listening to her voice her concern allowed a sense of familiarity to run through his veins.

'Louise really does resemble mom a lot.. maybe that is why I was so quick to adapt to her motherly love.' He thought to himself.

With a shake of his head, he smiled at Madison.

"Let's go. Father will have my head if he finds out I was listening." With a sigh of relief, Madison began following right behind him.

AN IMPORTANT EXTRA.

CHAPTER 6, FELIX DID WHAT NOW.

"- and that is the history about our beloved empire. Any questions?"

'Ugh, who knew historical novels had so many details into their empire.' The boy shook his head tiredly as he stared up at his tutor.