CHAPTER 14

'What is this situation?'

Sage found himself sitting next to Athy in the middle of some flower beds.

Felix and Lilian were standing a couple of feet behind, nervously glancing in Athy's direction as Carson stood between them confused about the tension in the air.

Sage glanced in Athy's direction who only kept her eyes trained on the flowers.

'Looks like this is the time she told them she wanted to see her mom.'

Both children heard Felix clear his throat, "Uh, princess."

Athy caught the attention of all four as she stood abruptly.

"Looking at flowers is no fun. I want to go home now." Athy quickly grabbed onto Sage's hand and pulled him up as they began their way back to the study with all three servants following them.

both children found themselves on the couch as Athy stared at her book, her face screwing up slightly at the thought of the adults standing behind her and Sage.

Sage only ignored the scene.

It'll become bothersome if he interfered this time.

The whispers soon came to a stop and footsteps slowly disappeared behind the door.

Athy turned to look at the door before looking at her cousin.

"Let's go see what they are talking about." Sage only frowned but before he could refuse, he found himself being pulled out of the room by the younger.

'Why me? I already know what's about to happen.' The boy complained to himself as he found himself behind a wall, keeping both him and Athy hidden.

"..Evidently, there are no memorial stones with recordings of Lady Diana in the palace." They both heard Felix state quietly to Lilian and Carson who barely got filled in on the details as to why there was tension between the three.

'Memorial stone...' Sage glanced down at Athy who listened intently.

"I see... it's a shame." Lilian responded, clearly dissatisfied with what she had just heard.

"I really wanted to let the Princess see Lady Diana." The red-haired knight sulked, thinking about the memory stones which hold 30 seconds of recordings.

'Things would be much more convenient if they just had phones.' The younger states as he thought about the similarities between both items.

Sage leaned back against the wall, finding comfort in the adults wanting the best of Athy's interest though he did feel the younger's sense of confusion in the whole situation.

"I'll ask His Majesty." Both snapped out of thought at Felix's voice as he announced his next plan to the two adults.

Athy fully peeked around the corner as Sage only glanced to the side, knowing what was about to happen.

"With His Majesty's abilities, he may even be able to pass on his memory directly, it won't be as clear and objective as a memorial stone, but The Princess would be able to experience the image." The knight exclaimed as both Lilian and Carson let out a happy 'ah' noise.

Sage watched as his cousin's face morphed into a shocked expression as she learned about her father using magic.

'If only I could take a photo of this.' The boy thought, missing his phone slightly.

"But would His Majesty... allow such a thing?" They both her Lilian say as Sages butler nodded in agreement.

"It's for the sake of The Princess. Let me ask him."