CHAPTER 5

It has been a few months since Sage had turned 5 and Louise's stomach had grown. Mikhael had been going out more frequently, dealing with breaches made within the city. He wasn't exactly too pleased with the amount of work that had been piling up one after another.

Louise had more energy than a normal pregnant lady. She had managed to throw at least 6 tea parties, organize the staff, do the house mortgage, and look after the mines.

Sage was currently strolling through the capital, with a hood just hollow enough to cover his face.

The only thing that he had managed to bring over from his past life was the lack of physicality he had within him.

He had a talent for finding ways to skip lessons.

"Young master, I don't think this is a good idea. If your father hears about me sneaking you out into the capital, my head is gone for sure." Carson whined as he tried hard to keep up with the younger.

"I just want to check out the library they have. Father never let me go out to see it, always ordering someone to check out books for me." The boy replied, weaving his way through the sea of people.

"My neck is gone for sure. I should have given you my last gashin berry, Father. To remember me by." The butler cried out.

"Oh don't be so dramatic, he will not punish you." Sage rolled his dark eyes as he stood in front of the imperial library.

Another thing Sage had realized was the love Mikhael carried for him. His father knew how much he ditched class but always let him off as long as he had someone like Carson.

Well, as long as he was ditching his classes within the estate.

This was his first time leaving the house, into the city. Sage was a bit nervous as his father had never let him leave.

Stepping forward to enter, two swords suddenly blocked their entrance.

"Commoners are not allowed to enter." The guard on the left stated as his face remained void of emotions.

'Who made this stupid law. Everyone should be free to go in as they please.' With a raised eyebrow, sage snapped his fingers signaling Carson to show them his family crest.

Taking a glance at it, their eyes widen before stepping aside.

"Our apology for not recognizing his highness." The guard on the right bowed his head in recognition.

"It is quite alright. Continue working." With that, the guards stepped aside and allowed the younger boy and butler in.

Sage silently shook his head as he made his way inside, it annoyed him how much lower class people were treated just because they weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Even in the twenty-first century, people who had money had the luxury of stepping all over others without having to face consequences.

'If only they saw others as equals then maybe he wouldn't have been on the edge of the building and I wouldn't have had to risk my own life.'

"You can do whatever, we might be here for a while so get settled. I will meet you at the entrance when it's time to leave." Carson nodded before excitedly walking over to the romance section shamelessly.