Chapter 3

Sonakshi's POV:

(Continuation of chapter 2)
"Why did you do this Rani?How could you think that my Sona will marry that man" my maa is screaming from top of her lungs and tears are continuously falling from her eyes.

"Relax Reema, you are exaggerating this issue.And what is wrong with that guy? He is well settled, educated and most importantly he is ready to marry your daughter even after knowing her truth" Rani aunty replied.

"What have you lost your mind?That man is almost 50 years old.... he has a daughter nearly the same age as Sona and even he is a divorcee that too not one but two times.You think that we will marry our daughter to that man?"maa asked furiously.

" Reema ji do you think that some young Prince Charming is going to marry your daughter after knowing about her reality?"Rani Aunty disgutatedly replied.

"Yes she will marry a Prince Charming" maa said firmly.

Rani aunty started laughing like a manic after hearing those words "ha.. ha.. ha.. Reema do you think that any sane man will marry your daughter after knowing that she is a..... ".

Rani aunty was interrupted by my Baba.

Baba shouted" Rani ji please leave.You have already said many things but now I won't tolerate a word said against my daughter.So before I loose my control please leave".

Rani aunty hurriedly said"Ok.. Ok I am leaving Mr. Agrawal, cool down"... She then turned towards me and said "Sona this proposal is still valid so think about it.Do you want to be a burden on your family for whole life.People make comments on their backs.... anyways the final decision is yours" saying this she literally ran out of our house.

It has been an hour since this scene is created in our house.Tears are continuously flowing from my eyes.I don't even have the power to voice my thoughts, to tell them all to just stop this discussion.I am tired.It hurts like hell.

"Sona please don't cry"Anshu is trying to console me.

"Yeah Sona, don't mind her words she is a witch"Anshi said.

"Reema you shouldn't have agreed with Rani in the first place to bring such an proposal" Dadi scolded Maa.

Maa sadly replied "maa I didn't know that she might do something like that. She told me that they don't have any problem with Sona so I eventually agreed".

Let's just end this topic here.I am tired of all this.I gathered some courage and spoke.

" Maa I accept this proposal, I will marry that man".

Everyone got shocked after hearing me.

"No Sona, not at all" Dadi immediately said.

"What? You are not doing something like that" Baba said in loud voice.

"Why not baba? Why not? Atleast like last 20 men who rejected the proposal, this man is ready to accept me even after knowing the truth.I don't want to be a burden on you for the whole life" I said while snobbing.

After my sudden burst out everyone turned silent.

A minute later, baba came and sat beside me on the sofa and said"Sona you are not a burden on us.You are my daughter-my pride.I don't care what will people say or think, their thoughts doesn't matter. But what matters to me is happiness of my daughter,well being of my daughter ".I nooded in approval.

"Yes Sona, Your baba is right"Dadi said, Anshu & Anshi too nooded in approval.

"I am sorry Sona I shouldn't have agreed with that Rani.. It's all my fault "maa started snobbing.I felt really bad seeing her crying so I went and hugged her.

"Maa please don't cry, I know you were just trying to do this for my happiness" I consoled her ,she immediately hugged me back.We stayed hugging each other for a while.

"Look Anshu, I think we are just strangers here, we don't even get invited for a hug" Anshi said.

"Ofcourse Anshi you are right, we are just strangers.It hurts.." Anshu replied dramatically.

My two drama queens.

Maa chuckled at their antics and said"O.. My dear Twin strangers please come here and bless me with your presence "

"Gladly" both said in unison and hugged maa and me.It was like a group hug.

Afterwards Baba and Dadi too came and hugged me.

I got relaxed after sometime.I mentally thanked God for giving me such a great family.Family is really special for everyone of us.Our family never judge us in case we have any flaw.They accept you with all your flaws.They make you feel special even if you are just an ordinary person.I am really blessed to have one such family.

Later in the night, we had our dinner and then everyone went to their respective bedrooms.I too went but sleep was far away from my eyes.The whole scenario that happened today went through my eyes.Hrhh... my whole Sunday got spoiled.I don't know what to say on this....I am just amuzed that how my life took a 360° turn after that incident.I really don't think someone will understand my situation and agree to marry me.Is there someone out there for me who will accept me as I am? Will I ever be able to find my
"True Love".
............................................................................
Hey everyone!
If you would like to make some suggestions please make a comment.
Hit the star ⭐ button if you like this chapter, it will encourage me a lot.

Thank you for reading....