Prologue

As cliché as it sounds, I was born into an unkind family. I was a surprise, my parents didn't plan on having kids anytime soon and when they did, they had wanted a boy as their first. It was not for some gender biased reasons, it was because the family cared about their image and they lived in a small town crowded by girls. Only two to three boys were resident, and my family cared about being in the spotlight.

Only thing is, they were given a girl. And you might ask, why not try again? Well that's another annoying fact, my parents wanted one child. Just one. Not because they struggled with money, not because they hated children but because they didn't have the time. And it's ok if you want one child, but don't treat them like shit if it's a she.

Anyway, My Mom was a modelling agent working for a very famous modelling company. She was known for finding top females and held a high position. Dad was a business man, known for owning the 7-star hotel branches around the world. We were dirt rich. And though I was grateful we had such a life, being rich messed with it more than improved it.

Let's start from the beginning, since I'm getting way ahead of myself. After I was born, my parents made it their goal to criticize me. When I was born, I was criticized for not having blue eye's like my parents. When I was a toddler, I was criticized for wanting to stay in and read instead of go out and socialize. 

When I was a pre-teen I was able to make friends, but most of them were from middle-classed families, so as usual, I was criticized. I was criticized for having acne and staying inside and studying rather than going out and being social. And by then my parents had had a baby boy, and though I loved him with all my heart, my parents gave him way more attention then they did me and I was fine with that but the insults had increased. Can you imagine, I was being compared to a baby.

When I became a teen, it became worse. Mom started insulting me about my weight though I was very skinny and had been called out in class for it. I had taken an interest in Biology, mainly in the lives of alienatic organisms.

I wanted to be able to learn about the extra-terrestrial beings that lived above us, but my parents visibly disapproved of this. I continued to be discouraged by my parents and now my brother had learnt to follow their ways.

He grew up, blaming me for his mistakes, making me do his work, and overall the exact same thing my parents did. So when I was 18, I was shipped off to intern at one of the most elite universities that had been known for it's space exploration discoveries.

In charge was my professor Carlton Drake, he was in charge and owner of the company 'Life foundation' that specialized in extraterrestrials and I had worked hard to become his top intern- scientist.

We were required to give blood samples every month for testing, which confused me but I ignored it due to my passion for learning. And that wasn't the right move. After a year of interning, I was asked to take a permanent job as head scientist and I was so proud since I was one of the youngest scientists working there.

Accepting it, on my first day I was called in by the professor Drake himself to evaluate something, he claimed to be extraordinary. 

It was 10:00 pm in the night and I had been requested by the Professor to visit after working hours to check something out. And god was I excited, cause he had mentioned something about a live alien creature which I couldn't wait to see.

So as I swiped my card on the key code, that locked the main lab, I saw Drake in his usual business suit staring at a screen.

"Professor?" I called, alerting him of my presence.

"Ah, theirs's my girl" he says in a different tone, but I smiled politely.

"Yes sir" I say. 

"Wonderful, now let us began. Shall we" he says with a smile, holding his hand out and I nodded, placing my hand in his as he led me deeper inside the lab.

"Three years ago, we had sent a rocket to an unidentified planet sized asteroid that are specialized magnetic field detectors had picked up. But when the rocket returned, we had found that the astronauts sent were all missing, instead present was a goo like creature that we were able to contain. All around the beta space were claw marks and blood." he says, startling me a little as we reached a containment facility. 

Inside was a metal box, that contained the strange creature and looking at it, I was stuck in awe.

"We tried sending in people to sedate it, but each time they went the creature, would mutilate into the body and take over creating a mega soldier but it never lasted five seconds . It was then we discovered that the creature was a parasite that needed a host, thus leading us to name it a symbiote" at the word parasite, the creature started rattling and shaking the box, causing it to fall forward until it was in front of me, banging at the glass.

"That led me to believe that this creature wasn't meant for just any regular type of blood. Do you recall one of the initiative we take where we take samples of each workers blood every month?" I nod. He then hands me a file, in which I quickly open, curious as to where this was leading to only for my eyes to widen

"Well, turns out, that your blood contains a rare genetic trait. And when we checked your background, DNA tests show that your only related to your mother."

"What, no that's not possible" I gasp, the folder containing the test dropped to my feet as I started to breathe heavily.

"Your mother of course doesn't have the same trait leading us to believe that whoever your father was, has a very rare type of blood and the only man with purely that blood type did not survive the test" I looked to Drake in horror.

"But I have a theory that if a person with both regular blood and special blood were to be the symbiote's host, what would happen? Well , let's find out shall we" Drake says with a sick smile before pushing me inside the containment cubicle and locking the door.

My eyes widened as I try to push open the door, but nothing works. I still continue to try, scared for my life as tears pour out, banging my fists against the thick glass. My ears ringing and my pleading tone soon filled the room.

"NO, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. PLEASE NO" I beg as I watch him press a button unlocking the animal's cage revealing the slimy creature. I walk backwards as it moves to me, cornering me as I close my eyes in fear. The liquidy sloshing was emitted, getting closer indication the distance between me and the symbiote.

And suddenly I felt a liquid-like substance on my leg until finally nothing. I open my eye's to see Drake smiling at me.

 I open my eye's to see Drake smiling at me

Until suddenly, I heard a voice.

Hello Dani.

And that was the beginning of the friendship between me and my best-friend, Venom. Oh btw, inhabiting Venom at first gave me serious anger issues leading to the death of Carlton Drake by me basically consuming his head.

I had left my family, who honestly didn't even care. In fact they were happy I wasn't a burden to them but to keep public appearances they gave me money for survival which really helped. Not.

I had travelled a few places, eating a few heads here and there. Currently I work in a local bar, on the outskirts of Virginia called Cocktail party. I know stupid name but hey, it helps my cover.