Spooky girl

"So as you can see it is extremely important not to disturb the eco system, take one link out of the chain and it will all collapse" Miss Bedford said tapping her board "This is the reason we respect wolves, not fear them"

Quintin sat with his fist in his cheek, this was so boring, who would even dare go out there between wolves in the first place? It's their territory right? Let them be them!

He was never really afraid of a wolf itself, but what he fears more than anything is wolves... The pack, they come at you, surround you, and tare you apart.

It sounds gruesome but they don't choke you to death like big cats does, they tare at you, like hyenas, or wild dogs back in Africa.

Quintin shrilled, he'd probably have a heart attack before they even get close to him, or he'd just commit suicide, whichever comes first.

The bell rang for winter vacation, and man was he excited, his parents told him he's old enough to babysit the house now, so they will be heading off for some quality time in Hanalulu, or was it? Haiti... Quintin couldn't remember, but he had the whole house to himself for an entire month! How great is that!?

He was on a trot pace out the class but in a flyby he accidentally ran into Silvia, the two stuck eyes on each other, she was a spooky girl, very light almost yellow brown eyes and a mix of brown and blond rough kept hair, sure she looks cute but her demeanor...

"What!?" She asked with a hiss making Quintin shrill.

"Uh– nothing, sorry for for the bump"
She just left, but he fell in behind her as his best friend Victor came in next to him.

"Bro! We finally het to leave this school behind for a full damn month!"

"My parents leave tomorrow! I'm all alone! Xbox till dawn baby!"

"You're home alone!?" Victor asked eagerly.

"Yeah, parents want some quality time"

"Ok, I'll come over tonight so we can catch up on the gaming, but I need to go home tomorrow afternoon, we're leaving for Texas"

"Awesome, I'll see you then!?"

"Fo! Sho!"

The two split but Quintin saw Silvia still walking in front of him, her one eye had a glance and it made him shrill, but what had him uterrly bone chilled was that wicked smile just before she disappeared around a corner.

He coughed taking the long way round, she was heading for the same gate, and that smile didn't accommodate him much.

Silvia was the girl that got teased at school, Quintin tried on many occasions to stand up for her, but there was just so much a boy can do to defend a girl, from other girls, Silvia though never even thanked him, but he didn't care, she was freaky, maybe a little on the goth side without that heavy makeup.

It was about two miles through the snow to his house, winter vacation was there because Alaska was unforgiving during this time, but Quintin loved it, one month of no school? A teenager's dream.

He got to his house, off the beaten path really, one would think that since their driveway is almost always covered in snow "Quintin!" His mother Mary called when she heard him enter downstairs.

"Mother!?"

"That driveway!?"

"Was just about to get to it mom!"

"Good! Me and your father are heading out soon, I don't want the truck to get stuck there, then I'll make you eat that snow!"

Quintin chuckled, good ol momma, strict as a university teacher, as loving as any mother should be.

"Off now mom! I don't like getting brain freeze!" He yells back up, Mary's laughter answered him.

Out in the snow he started, the pace motivated of course, he wanted this driveway clean, the quicker its clean, the quicker his parents can leave, then this house is all his.

He got about half way when the downfall of flakes picked up, it kinda had him angry, now the driveway will just close up again "Ma!"

He heard no answer "Ma!?"

Her head poked ou her bedroom window, she didn't have to ask what he wanted, she saw the wind picked up.

"Fitzgerald! It's time to go!" She yelled into the house.

Quintin continued shoveling vigorously but shrieked when Silvia suddenly stood next to him, he staggered and plowed backwards into the snow he just shoveled.

Her face had that wicked smile again, but her giggle sounded cheerful "Didn't mean to scare you" she said in a voice as cold as that snow.

"Uh! Yeah no its ok"

"Shoveling I see?"

He got up with effort, brushed the white off "Yeah, parents want it that way"

She smiled "They leaving now?"

"Yeah, quick so the downfall doesn't become a storm"

She looked up, then around, her yellow like eyes quite the contrast against the bleak misty background, Quintin kinda found she was pretty, not necessarily cute.

Her eyes came back to him suddenly and he blinked "So what do you think of wolves Quintin?" That bone chilling voice asked him out of the blue.

Quintin couldn't help be freaked out by her, although she didn't really seem like such a bad girl "Oh, I don't bother them, they won't bother me right?" He said and continued shoveling.

The one thing that had the entire school spooked, was that every girl that teased Silvia too much, eventually disappeared... That's why Quintin rather stayed on her good side.

Only the sounds of his shovel came through the wind and he glanced back, she was suddenly gone.

Quintin erected his back and scanned, but she was nowhere! Not even somewhere walking off in the distance! Did she really just vanish? Quintin couldn't remember her staying anywhere close to... 'Beep!'

He wailed jumping out of the way, his father came next to him where he lied in the snow, both parents laughing at him.

"Wake up boy! This path won't shovel itself!"

"I know I know!" He said getting up.

"You'll be ok right?"

"Yea sure"

"Don't let us come back and find the house burned down ye hear!?"

"Yes dad"

"Good, be safe, don't go into the forest when it's dark"

He only nodded as the truck passed and climbed off the muddy driveway onto the road, then moved off into the distance.

Quintin threw his shovel down, he didn't have a car, why does it need shoveling now, right?

He gave one last glance around, she was  really gone, he closed his jacket tighter and headed into he house.

************************************
Author's Note:

Haha! My first attempt at an event on Wattpad.

What do you think of this chapter? We all know what Silvia might be right?

Question is what will she do?
How will Quintin respond once he learns the truth?

Join?

Or run?