It was complicated

"I'll agree with you, Silvia is keeping herself in check pretty well" Victor said "But, it happens so fast bro, just that taste, it can be one drop of blood, and she will forever be a slave to it"

Quintin swallowed "A slave?"

"I can't find a better description, she will go and hunt humans on each moon, it becomes an addiction"

Quintin nodded subconsciously brushing over the dry blood on his upper lip "Ok then"

"Still sure you want to go through with this?" Victor asked him, making sure one last time he didn't have doubt's.

"Yeah man, I want to, she's, interesting"

"Thanks Quintin"

"O–k– what's with the formalities!?"

"You saw how they treated her at school right?"

"Those bitches?"

"Yes, truth is, she really struggled to find her way, none of my pack members had any interest in her because she was bitten not pure bred, so even in my pack she was a loner"

"Must admit I always see her moving around alone"

"But now?"

Quintin looked at him.

"Now you'll be her friend as well right?"

"Are you her friend?"

"Pff! I'm her alpha, that's that. Sure I care for her but we can't be close friends because the Luna will just try and rip her throat out"

"Harsh man"

"I know"

"I already told her I'll be her friend, I hope she can forgive me for splitting on her"

"Its not your fault, she shouldn't have exposed herself to you, not so soon at least"

"I figured, but you know Vic, if she didn't do it, I would always have misunderstood her, always call her the freaky girl"

Victor stood up "If you want to call that fate then go ahead, now I suggest you get out of that bloody clothes and go wash up, let me talk to those other two quick ok?"

Quintin stood up and looked out the door with Victor, Silvia and Hali stood ten meters from each other, only glaring at one another "I'm surprised they haven't tried to kill each other yet"

"That stalemate looks like it won't last long, go wash up quick" Victor said heading out to them.

Quintin stood a few seconds to take in this picture, his entire life took a toll now, his best friend, or friends, werewolves, and with them a werewolf hunter, baffling.

Victor slowly approached the two seeming like cats standing hair risen and ready to claw, he stopped but facing Hali "So?"

"So what!?"

"Do you have anything to say for just disappearing like that all those years ago?"

"No"

He grunted "Cold, that's cold Hali"

"My job requires me to kill werewolves, do you think I could have lived with myself if I killed you and found out you were the man I loved!?"

"Does that give you a valid reason to leave me wordless, message less, just gone! Nothing!?"

"Do you understand my job?"

"I do"

"Do you know why I do it?"