Emerald eyes

"This should buy us some time" Kai said.

"You sure they'll fall for it?" Rexton asked.

"They will" she said feeling the back of her skull "And I'll make sure he's the only one they can keep an eye on"

Rexton watched her lift the knife and cringed "You have some balls of steel woman"

Kai looked him in the eye, building her resolve, then with a mustered groan she stabbed the knife into the back of her head.

***

As much as Quintin wanted to run to his house, something in the air made him walk, there was scents he never smelled before, and they where easily distinguishable since he grew up here.

There was the scent of the docks, that smell of fish, the pungent gas station, the fresh bakery, and of course old lady Dorah's cake shop.

Quintin stood there watching it for a few seconds, who runs a cake shop in the middle of Alaska?

A step forward and he headed on, now those new smells were not as overwhelming as the buildings and yards, which told him it might be something smaller... New cars...? No...

He stopped as a breeze carried the scent of something smooth as silk, can be the one from a woman, there was no perfume though, but a very attractive, natural cologne.

Quintin turned into its direction, from under his hood he saw the familiar faces of old, he saw some children now older, he ducked away for the sheriff passed in his truck.

There she was, there was where the scent came from, she was coming towards him in a slow stride, her black hair out from under her fur cap stretched far below the reach of her fingers, her eyes a soft green, Quintin thinks this must be thanks to what now lies in him, he saw her in this detail but she was still across the street, first blinking left and right, then crossed.

Quintin glared from under his hood, his hands in his pockets felt the claws extend for some reason, why? Was it because he never saw her before? Was she a tourist? Newly moved in?
No! There is something different about her, her smell familiar in some way, but foreign, almost like an intruder.

She hopped onto the sidewalk but almost on top of him her emerald eyes shot wide and she froze looking at him in shock.

It was a stare down, she could see his grey eyes in the shadow of his hood, her hand came up to her mouth "Wh, who are you?" She uttered.

"That's exactly what I wanted to ask you? This isn't your place!"

She darted around him and ran down the street, he chased, she was fast! Her groceries got dropped but he was over it, now not encumbered anymore her hands bladed and she picked up speed, he felt it fascinating at how velocity became one with her now, she started outrunning him, her extra long black hair drafting in the slip wind dragging over her.

Why was he chasing her? Who was she!? His thoughts of that vanished when in awe he saw her run to his house and entered.

Quintin stopped watching this, his house? He walked up to it and knocked.

"Go away!" She yelled from inside.

"What do you mean go away!? This is my house!"

She opened the door but Quintin's hands went high when that very same double barrel shotgun got shoved into his face "Hey hey! Ok! Don't shoot!"

"Who are you!? What are you!?" She yelled poking him with the barrel every time she asked a question.

"My name is Quintin! This is my house! Or used to be!"

"You lie! I smell a fiend in you! You're a beast from the pits of hell!" She hissed drawing the two hammers of the shotgun back.

"Fuck woman! Wait! Smell?"

"Yes, your reek, like bile, vile like a gargoyle"

"You're a werewolf?"

Her eyes widened "Of course you'd know, you can obviously smell it in me!"

"Victor is your alpha! I'm his best friend!"

Her face frowned then her smile came cold to him "No, Victor's pack has been wiped out..."

"What...?" His heart struck his ribs.

"Yes, I'm part of the new pack in town, this is my house now"

"My parents then!?"

"Killed by the previous pack"

Now it wasn't a slam in his ribs, more like a vice trying to crush his heart "You, lie..."

"I'm not! Now... Leave me be, or suffer the consequences" she said giving his nose another prod.

He backed away slowly, feeling the steps with his foot, then turned and walked down.

"My Alpha and Luna is roaming the forest whelp! They won't be as forgiving as I am..." She called standing with the shotgun over her shoulder proudly proclaiming the house as her own.

Quintin looked back forward and kept walking, he first needed secure his own mind, whoever this new Alpha and Luna is may then kill him for all he cared... Victor's pack killed his parents, and then this new pack killed them... Was there a sense of vengeance in it?

As he strolled to the sheriff the thought of who delivered the final blow... Victor? Silvia? No! He needed to be sure.

The fat man was twice as fat as he was three years ago, little bit balder, but still Dennis cannot be missed.

"Sheriff?"

Dennis looked up as Quintin removed his hood, he placed his hand over his mouth pretending to be sick or sad, covering his fangs "My, my parents?"

The sadness flushed him "Boy... I I'm so sorry"

"The girl at my house! She said it was wolves?"

"Yes, it seems one night they forgot to lock the doors and a pack killed them in their bedroom"

He turned and left 'shit!' He wanted to cry but there was more rage in his heart now, he huffed and grunted, feeling a bloodlust surge in him, Quintin ran into an ally as the anger followed close by.

He fell against a wall and sagged to the ground, the only thing that kept him from going after miss emerald eyes was that he has a heart beating for the innocence, he had to restrain this beast, he can't do what Kai did and go on a rampage here!

Then suddenly a figure landed in front of him, bulky with brisk hair, also black as the girl in his house, his eyes more a jungle green, his stature, the way he stood over him, the glare in his eyes told Quintin everything he needed to know, this was the new Alpha in town.

************************************
Author's note:

I'm personally getting excited for this now, hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for the read.