Help is on the way

The scent of rubber was pungent in her nose, with that a ceramic hint. The last thing she remembered was being shot, more like being combed by a firing line, her chest was full of holes, now why does all these scents come to her nose? There was fresh linen, the smell of glass... Who smells glass? What does glass even smell like?

She opened her eyes slowly, the cold of the ceramic tile on her cheek hurt slightly, she must have been lying in this position for quite some time, there was a clear boot print, the rubber sole left behind over its glaze, those lines of the tiles stretched in her vision, the white bright, abnormally clear.

Kai groaned and sat up, her legs got halted slightly by the white hospital gown someone must have thrown over her, still her mind didn't really want to believe it, where was that office suit she had on!? The one where she had her gun neatly and confidentially hidden between her legs with a strap?

"Glad you're awake" a voice over a speaker said and she screamed backing away and hitting both walls of a corner, her ears clamped shut, feeling her eardrums throb from that sudden blast of sound.

She looked around vigorously, a room, four walls! Instincts said its a cage and she suddenly felt claustrophobic, roaring she stormed the only door she could find but it was solid steel, a futile attempt... Wait...

She stood back from it, a... 'Roar?'

Kai turned to find something reflective but it was a pale white room, she felt her teeth, they seemed pretty normal, she felt her ears... Normal, even her nails human, then why the roar?

"Miss Kai..." The speaker said again but its clear they dialled its volume down.

She looked around then up, there was a camera, then next to it the little speaker.

"How do you feel?"

"Donovan?" She asked not recognising her own voice.

"Yes, its me, I asked how do you feel?"

Her glare went into the camera "Disappointed that I didn't manage to kill you!" She hissed making peace with the situation.

"How are your senses?" He asked ignoring her threat.

She remained quiet and sat down in a corner, she will not give him the satisfaction of treating her like some experiment.

"I asked you a question!?"

She only clasped her ears.

Donovan rubbed his brow and looked at the other screen, Quintin was doing well, probably thanks to what he was now, what ever that was.

Those in the town Quintin accidentally stumbled upon are so called failed experiments, that's how Beingnoir coded them FE, Failed Experiment, A10 for the boy is Aged 10. And the last number is 15, the fifteenth test subject.

All of them found somewhere lost, in dire parel, homeless or maybe killers set for death penalty. The boy was a cancer patient, his sister did everything in her might to raise funds for chemotherapy, but she failed.

Donovan intervened giving her hope, telling her his facility offers new treatment for illnesses like cancer, and he offered it free of charge, as long as she could come with of course.

Now that town serves as their new home, they've been conditioned into it, thinking its where they belong, and the boats coming in every now and then brings food, like animals being fed.

He had not a care in the world, it was all to the benefit of teaching this world a lesson, too long governments has ruined society, and its time to appoint one leader, with a righteous sense of leadership, one set of laws, and one governing body.

All he needed to realise this vision of his is an army that can't just be overrun, super soldiers, so that whatever he has in mind can't just be pushed aside, but for that he first needed that female wolf.

He leaned into the microphone again "You know there's a cure for what you are now right?"

She heard him, her glancing eyes signified that.

"Would you go and find the Luna?"

Kai sat quiet thinking about it, she wanted to be normal, in all honesty if she'd have to be anything other than human it would be a wolf, one made by her, but now, she doesn't even know what she has become.

"I, know what you plan on doing Donovan, and truth be told I don't like it, there's enough war in the world"

The speaker squeaked "I'm giving you one last chance to cooperate, you have free will, use it to think! Go after her, she aids me, and cures you, otherwise I will take your free will, you know I can"

She thought about it deeply, its a way, and she knew they probably already plugged a tracker into her head as well, but there are ways to get around that.

"Under one condition"

"That is?"

"I want to take the kid with me"

Donovan looked at the other screen and saw Quintin still running "Well you have to hurry then, he's in Port town Bravo"

Her heart sank, the poor bastard, of all the places he managed to find whilst fleeing this hell hole, another hell hole that superseded this one!

She stood up "Ok! Ok I'll go! Just let me out so I can go help him!"

Donovan saw he got taken down by the girl "He's on the ground, swarmed"

"Donovan!"

"Open the doors!"

Kai heard the 'Pss' of the hydraulic locks on the door then it swung wide, as fast as she could she darted out but also ran into a wall falling, now she knew Quintin wasn't toying around.

She held her nose looking up at the soldier, it was Rexton.

"That had to hurt Kaiya"

"Sod off Rexton!" She yelled and ran to the nearest exit.

The man followed and saw her sprint towards PTB at an amazing pace, truth is he didn't like the idea of what was happening around this lot of demons, he never signed up for an entire squad of soldiers dead and torn apart... To think she did it...

He looked back and saw no one then he lifted his rifle to his chest and ran in the direction of port town Alpha.

************************************
Author's note:

Uhh! This chapter grinded me all day, I hope it's not considered a cliffhanger LoL but I needed a way out for Quintin, if Kai can make it in time that is.

Thanks for the read. Hope this chapter isn't too bad.