A healthy blue

Quintin felt utterly stupid, it seemed like a great idea at first but now, he was regretting it.

The hollow 'tong' that sounded like distant thunder made the hair on his neck rise, that distinct sound of cracking ice.

"Shit Quintin! Just stay still man! Don't move!" Victor yelled from the banks of the frozen lake.

Sometimes he could smack himself for not listening to Victor more, the guy did yell 'Not on the ice! Not on the ice!' He heard it twice, and now he's in deep shit... How deep depends on how deep this frozen lake was...

He slowed his respiration, his breath not fogging the ice up, but melting the thin layer of white, revealing the cold blue ice underneath that was now failing him.

"Just spread your body wide bro! I'll go get help! Just stay perfectly still!"

Quintin only nodded slowly, fearing a call back to Victor will allow the tremors in his voice to finally break his death bed.

The roar of the snowmobile confirmed to Quintin he was now alone, it wasn't even survival anymore, this was death, and it wasn't always black dark as some might say, this was a healthy blue.

He slowly turned his head to see where his snowmobile got jammed in, half sunk, that's what launched him over to crash chin first on the hard water, it hurt, he wanted to rub but dared not move.

Scanning over the placid flat lake he saw nothing but white, so this is it hey? This is where he will die?

Under him he felt the ice tremor on his chest 'Oh, shit...'

Creeks, cracks, he looked to see if he could maybe notice where a large crack would come right at him and drag him under, but in the distance came a figure, a person, he squinted to get better clarity, then his heart rocked to see Silvia calmly coming towards him over the ice.

"N–" the cracks more frequent "No! Stay back Silvia!"

She kept walking with an easy unrushed pace, he saw bewildered her come to within five meters away, then stopped, bare foot on the ice.

"Taking a little nap?" She asked.

"Sh, shit! The ice is cracking can't you hear it!?"

Too late.

The cold swallowed him whole, Quintin felt the piercing knives they spoke if so many times, to his horror there was a current underneath, and it dragged him away from his entry hole, deeper under the thickened ice.

They say hypothermia is a warm death, you never really realise it's the end, Quintin still felt the cold, that made him fight to atleast smash the ice, but the crack he managed got washed away by the current constantly dragging him.

Stop the fight, is breath was giving in first now, Quintin felt drowning will have him before the cold, then a blow came through his blurred vision just before he passed out and a hand grabbed his collar, yanking him through the ice.

************************************
Author's Note:

Sorry if this felt like a large time skip, I read the instruction for the werewolfweek event and they said "First chapter between 1500 words and the second not more than 500"

So here's the second chapter, merely 500 words long LoL, if I get updated about how I can write I'll update the chapters.

Thanks for the support so far.

(Updated) I'm keeping this chapter like this guys and continuing the story as normal.