Who reported it?

Another dedication, this page goes out to Happy_itgirl

Enjoy...

************************************

Hali's phone rang, her gaze still out over the wild expanse of terrain they were crossing, thinking if she could look hard enough she'd see something down there that moved.

"Hali..." She answered the persistent ringing.

"Ding beep, this is your Intelligence Technician expert calling from the O-M-E-R- organization to give you a set rep on the current location, for your convenience you may call me It-girl"

Hali giggled "What's with the dramatic intro every time?"

"I'm bored ok! I'm sitting in front of this computer doing all the hard work when all of you can go on vacation!"

"This is not a vacation Itgirl"

"But!?"

"You want to come over?" Hali asked thinking if she was closer it would cancel out the hassle of phoning her every time.

"Can I!?"

"I'll organize a flight first thing"

"Thanks Hali! You're the best!"

"Ok, set rep?"

"Alaska... Will kill you..." It-girl said in a down and as deep a voice she could muster.

Hali giggled at her again.

"So the worst thing you can do there is get lost, then you die, get surrounded by wolves, mauled by bears, mountain lions, the list goes on ya know, and then you die"

"Still wanna come?"

"Of course!"

"Any rumors about more werewolf sightings?"

"Just chatter, most werewolf stories are deprived from folklore anyway, so many times someone hears something of werewolves its usually shrugged off"

"I figured, that's why only now did the right contact inform us of a sighting, it might be bullshit but worth a try"

"Yep..."

"Anything else?"

"Wanna hear some freaky stuff?"

"You are bored aren't you?" Hali said laughing.

"The ghost stories Hali! You should hear them!" It-girl said without missing a beat.

"Oh?"

"Possessed animals, tombstones, vanishing tools from workers, that place is haunted I tell you"

"That's why you want to come right? You don't give a rat's ass about werewolves?"

"Tee-hee"

"Ok, I'll book your flight, mine is about to touch down so yours will probably land later tonight, if there's a flight available"

"Goodie–" the woman on the other side said and they closed the line.

Hali had no clue what to expect, all she could do was keep on her toes and... She smacked her forehead, sometimes she wonders if It-girl drinks too much coffee, she should have checked if there was a full moon tonight.

It couldn't be helped now, as the plane stopped she got her utility bag and left.

Traveling to this town was no real struggle, the roads seemed nicely sweeped, clear of snow, she checked the skies out of the rental's window, surely they had news about weather in these parts right?

She switched on the radio and by sheer luck she caught something.

'The storm has moved east and won't be making such a great impact'

A storm... Is there a storm waiting for her in that town? The problem Hali had was that massive gap in her info index, usually she never just goes to a place without being positive about a situation, or a scenario; is it? Or isn't it? If it is? How big, how many, female wolves are more agile than males, making them the most dangerous.

Hali has seen a male wolf pick up an SUV over its head, but that's just brute strength, get in a car and out maneuver it, simple as that, but it was always the females who managed to get her panties in a knot mostly, of all her encounters, four of the five times she nearly died by the claws of a Luna.

She got to a halt in front of the Sheriff and stepped in "You Dennis?"

The man sat upright not expecting a beauty like her to just appear like that, she saw with his quick darting eyes him scan her in that more for function than feel tight fitting cargo pants tucked into black military boots, she even had the tank top to match, her pistols obviously hidden in her luggage.

She flicked her fingers "Eyes up! Are you Dennis?"

"Yes mam"

"Hali, from the Omer organization, I came for the call you placed?"

Dennis blinked "I didn't think you existed?"

"Oh, that reward money hey? That's why you phoned"

"Yeah"

"You can have it if the information is legit, if I came over here to find it was a goose chase not only will I sue you for all the money I spent to get here but I'll also take your badge and stomp your scrotum in"

Dennis swallowed hard closing his legs.

She snapped her fingers again "Well?"

"All he said was..."

"No, who said? Who gave you the info?"

"A young boy named Quintin, kinda boney but not small, black hair grey eyes, lives north east of town in a cabin like double story, you can't miss it really"

She hipped her fists "And I know exactly which north east you talk about?"

"I uh, well I have a map?"

"Bravo! You learned how to think!" She said giving him a sarcastic applaud.

He reached over and drew his cabinet over, firstly circling the position with his pen he then folded it and handed it over.

"Thanks chief, I'll be in touch" she said and left.

Dennis sat back and blew out "Ho! That's some spice right there!" He said wiping his chubby forehead with a handkerchief "Somebody chuck me with a doughnut! Damn!"

His assistant who sat typing away at her own accord looked at him over her glasses, she just happened to have a half eaten doughnut and threw him with it.

************************************
Author's Note:

LoL I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did, shoutout to Happy_it girl again, she just entered the story.

Next up I might or might not add another friend it depends.

Who will it be next hey?

And what do you think Hali's plan is with the wolves? She looks quite capable right?

Thanks for reading peeps.