Two

Jumping up with a start she tried desperately to catch her breath as she began looking around the room reminding herself that she was in her bedroom in her apartment in South Korea, and not back in her home in Ireland.

Liliana hadn't heard anything about Michael for a while, and she was glad of it but she knew deep down, that even though they had now been divorced for a short while that he wouldn't give up until he had found her and tracked her down and she knew it was only a matter of time.

~

Later that morning, Liliana sat alone in her living room nursing a cup of tea. Curled up in the large bay window she looked out at the vast City as it was brightly lit up amongst the morning sun.

A sigh escaped from her lips as she leaned her head against the window, the coolness of the glass welcomed her as she knew any moment, she would about to have an episode and fall asleep, not having the energy to try and fight it she soon put down the cup of tea and fell asleep.

Thankfully, after ten minutes she woke up feeling better than before and a little more refreshed after what she would like to call a quick 'power nap'.

When she had turned seventeen though she was happy, three months later, things took a turn she found herself feeling tired and ended up falling asleep throughout the day even if she had had a good night's rest.

Eventually, she was diagnosed with Narcolepsy a condition that causes her to uncontrollably fall asleep up to fifteen times a day and can cause her to suffer from hallucinations.

Liliana enjoyed sitting in the comfortable silence. Since her diagnosis when she was a teenager, she lost interest in going out in public areas as she had many people say things and stare at her whenever she had an episode.

But little did she know that she would end up going out much sooner than that, it wasn't long before the ringtone of her phone enveloped the room.

As an audible sigh escaped as she picked up her phone and answer the call and wasn't surprised to find it was Yuri who was calling her.

"Hey, Yuri. What do you need?"

"Hey!, I haven't said anything yet."

Liliana couldn't help but chuckle, "Yuri, how long have I known you? I can already guess that you've called because you want me to go out with you somewhere.", she replied.

"No, I wasn't... Okay, fine maybe I am. But come on Liliana I want you to come with me, I know that you haven't been out in nearly two weeks and there is a new cafe just opened up and I'd really like you to come with me, please will you come?"

With now a deep sigh escaping her mouth Lilliana began to feel paranoid and a little panicky. She wanted to go out and go and experience things but for Liliana, she didn't want to as she was always scared that she would fall asleep.

She already struggled eating three meals a day and couldn't do it without falling asleep and that was just the start.

"Yuri... I don't know, you know I get panicky in public what if I fall asleep while we are there and something happens?", she said with worry evident in her voice.

"We don't know what will happen but even if you do fall asleep I'll be right there with you, so try not to worry too much I'm sure everything will be alright and I'll come and pick you up soon okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you soon."