Thirty Four

By week thirty-two of her pregnancy, Lilly was starting to feel exhausted and heavy. Her ankles were swollen and she was covered in stretch marks and she still had a couple of weeks left before her due date.

At two o'clock in the afternoon, Lily was having a nap, but it was soon short-lived waking up she struggled to get comfortable once again. Tossing and turning Lily groaned as she moved herself into a sitting position trying to soothe her daughter who was now kicking and to stop the itching that was caused by the stretch marks.

With the door opening, she was greeted by the sight of Do Hwan with a small smile on his face as he approached her on her side of the bed.

"Hey, Jagiya how are you feeling?"

"Heavy, itchy and tired.", she replied a sigh leaving her mouth.

"I'm sorry darling, can I do anything to make it better? How about I run you a bath would that help?", he asked kneeling in front of her taking her hand in his.

"I'd like that."

"Okay."

For a few minutes, Lily listened to the sound of the water running until she could hear it no more and Do Hwan returned to the bedroom before taking her hand and walking with her towards the bathroom, having a bath had recently become her only way to be able to relax and to soothe her aches and pains.

Being discrete and gentle, Do Hwan helped his girlfriend undress before taking her hands and helping her lower herself into the water, the warm and soothing water came as a much-needed relief to Lily as she lay back closing her eyes for a moment resting a hand on her belly as it poked out of the water.

A small smile appeared on Do Hwan's lips as he knelt beside the bath as he scooped the water with his hands beginning to pour the water onto her stomach, which in turn made a small smile also appear on her face but it didn't last for long. Gasping in pain her face twisted as her hand landed on the side of her stomach.

"Jagi, are you okay what's wrong?

"She... she kicked me in the ribs I think it's the two that were broken, I'm okay but they still hurt from time to time.", Lily replied wheezing a little.

With a look of worry on his face, Do Hwan looked over at the right side of her stomach, around her ribs, there were large ugly purple bruises that looked to have formed over time and seemed to be painful.

"Sweetheart, how long have you had these.", he asked gently beginning to rub her belly and being gentle around the bruising hoping it would help alleviate some of the pressure and pain she was feeling.

"A few days, but I didn't think anything of it then it was okay and it wasn't that painful."

"Jagiya -"

"I know, I know but I didn't think it would get this bad and I didn't want to bother or worry you over this."

"You'd never bother me with anything, you can always tell me if something is wrong.", he said speaking softly continuing to gently rub her stomach.

But seeing the look on his face Lily couldn't help but feel guilty, "I know, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Hey, hey It's okay you don't need to apologise you have nothing to be sorry for It's okay.", he spoke placing a kiss on her forehead.

Before long with assistance from Do Hwan Lily had washed, shaved and had a relaxing bath with him by her side but the water started to become cold and Lily could help but shiver and it didn't go unnoticed by Do Hwan.

"You okay sweetheart?"

"Yeah, I'm okay the water is just starting to get cold."

"Sorry, darling let's get you out."